vaughan
reply to summary of forum structure thread.
  • 2007/9/13 16:23

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:

Further, the Project Council needs to make prompt, clear and public declarations on the status of x.i and it's future integration or otherwise into the site at x.o. If the PC is going to integrate x.i. into the site at x.o, either as a sub-domain or plain link, it must deal with the issue of the user database. Neither would it make sense to include the "Support", "Share" and "Complaints" categories on x.o. if this is the intention.

1st, user database, the domain is owned by XOOPS foundation, if it was integrated to be the new forum, that would now mean there is no privacy breaking by having multiple logins across the sub sites. ie. same login credentials or even shared user tables.

2. due to DJ pissing off everyone, and such unclear information provided by DJ, the status of XI at moment is that it will be run totally independantly from xoops.org, addons aswell will be run independantly from xoops.org, in essence they are pulling out because they have waited long enough and been treat like adolescent school kids and totally mislead and disrespected continually.

so as for the forum, addons, the wiki etc.. they are being run independantly, and xoops.org council, coordinators etc will have absolutely no say in what happens with them.

Of Course that situation could be changed if DJ & council get their acts together and see sense, but until that happens, you're on your own, you can do it all from scratch being as all the months & months of work we have done is not appreciated at all.

3. I will not be helping on XI (which will please some people no doubt, but i don't care anymore), i promised david when i said i had quit, that I would help him finish addons, and I promised a couple of people that I would continue with wfdownloads till it reaches final release status. But that is the only role I am playing with XOOPS. after those are complete, I am moving onto new projects that have nothing to do with XOOPS, unless of course a miracle happens and things change around here.

and PS. Ban Damaster!!!

davidl2
Re: reply to summary of forum structure thread.
  • 2007/9/13 16:37

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

All the technical problems mentioned in "SailJapans" posts could be sorted in no time - the communication issue which this project is suffering from are another matter.

Login

Who's Online

301 user(s) are online (191 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 301

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits