ViperSBT
TinyEditor - 2 problems
  • 2007/9/12 2:37

• ViperSBT

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/27

First, I got TinyEditor working, but the text area for working get a black background. I can't tell what is causing it, because when the page first loads I can see it is white as it should be, then something loads over it turning it black.

Second, trying to figure out the above I upgraded to the latest TinyMCE. Now all the additional toolsets are missing when I go into the admin to the toolset section. All of the tools that I had configured for the groups still appear to work normally, but I can't modify the toolsets.

Except for these two issues this editor looks great. I am using XOOPS 2.2.4
Brett M. Williams
Co-Founder, The United Flyball League International
http://www.u-fli.com

Feichtl
Re: TinyEditor - 2 problems
  • 2007/9/12 8:11

• Feichtl

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/8

First, if you use it on u-fli.com, i guess it is depending on the black background of your site. Use the included .css from tinyeditor (admin settings)!

Second, go back to the latest available Version of tinyeditor.

McDonald
  • 2007/9/12 9:12

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Create a file called tinyeditor.css with the following content:
background-color#000000;

font-size11px;

color#FFFFFF

Save this file on your server.
Go to the Tinyeditor Preferences (Editor Settings) and enter <path tp>\tinyeditor.css behind the setting Editor's css.

You can't upgrade that simple to the latest TinyMCE version because some files of Tinyeditor have been modified for working with Xoops.

ViperSBT
  • 2007/9/12 10:47

• ViperSBT

• Just popping in

McD, thanks for the help, it worked perfectly!

Now I just need to revert back to the older TinyMCE...
Brett M. Williams

rlankford
  • 2007/9/12 11:09

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

I've had the same problem lately in that I cannot assign various things from the toolsets tab in the admin section for TinyEditor. This was because I had upgraded the the TinyMCE inside of TinyEditor to the latest version.

For what it's worth, I narrowed the 'problem' down to a specific plugin withing the new TinyMCE. You can upgrade every single folder to the new version of TinyMCE by copying the files over except for the "\modules\tinyeditor\editor\plugins\advlink" folder. This one is the one that seems to blow up the toolsets tab.

For me, I've simply decided to use the new advlink folder from the latest TinyMCE build anyway and keep the database updated by hand. Remember, the toolsets tab is simply a front end for data that gets stored in the database. If you want, it's fairly simple to just write the strings into the appropriate database fields yourself in order to get it working like you want. The table is 'xoops_tinyeditor_toolsets'. You have a row in this table for each group defined in Xoops. Rows 1 and 2 are associated with Webmasters and Registered Users respectively. You can update the memo fields for the tinyed_row1, tinyed_row2, and tinyed_row3 columns by hand, if necessary, by space separating the names of the plugins you'd like to appear on each row. Remember too that you might also need to include the plugin name in the activeplugs column too in order to get the functionality loaded (and cause the button to actually show up).

But like others here I eagerly anticipate the next release of TinyEditor!

McDonald
  • 2007/9/12 11:44

• McDonald

• Home away from home

Quote:

ViperSBT wrote:
McD, thanks for the help, it worked perfectly!

Just remove all files from /modules/tinyeditor/
Then upload all the original tinyeditor files to /modules/tinyeditor/ and finally update the module.

EDIT:
Another option is to take the latest version of the xoopseditors package from dev.xoops.org. This package comes with TinyMCE and can be updated more easy. You only can not make all the setting from the Admin Control Panel, but have to modified the configs in the files.

ViperSBT
  • 2008/2/14 19:33

• ViperSBT

• Just popping in

Quote:

---
Just remove all files from /modules/tinyeditor/
Then upload all the original tinyeditor files to /modules/tinyeditor/ and finally update the module.

OK, I did the above, but still not having any luck with the toolsets screen. When I pick a group to edit, it bring up the screen. Everything that has already been assigned to a row is coming up, but the area that has the available icons to be added to a row is coming up blank, so I can't select anything to add to a row.
Brett M. Williams

McDonald
  • 2008/2/14 23:01

• McDonald

• Home away from home

Are you on XOOPS 2.0.18? If so, upgrade to 2.0.18.1
The problem is somewhere in the file /class/xoopsform/themeform.php of 2.0.18

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits