zodiac73
problem getting started!
  • 2007/9/2 12:42

• zodiac73

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/2 1

First of all may I say hi to all. I am new to XOOPS but have heard it is the best content management system so I've decided to give it a whirl for my new site : www.ukwf.co.uk

Anyhow... I have tried a Fantastico installation and then removed it and performed a manual installation both of which worked fine; however both times I tried to log into admin.php and I got a message saying I didn't have the right to access that area. No login boxes or anything just the message then redirected to index page.

What have I done wrong?

Keenly waiting to log in,
Simon.

stefan88
Re: problem getting started!
  • 2007/9/2 14:43

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

I was able to register and login to your web site. So problem probably is not XOOPS or install. Try to use other browser and/or computer to log in.

Make shure there is right CHMOD for 'cache' folder.

Did you made any changes in group permitions?

zodiac73
  • 2007/9/2 22:29

• zodiac73

• Just popping in

Hi,
at least I have one member :P not that I have anything on the site yet cos I can't get into admin.php page!

I have only changed chmod permissions as instructed during the installation wizard process. Is there a list somewhere of what files and directories should have what permissions set?

zodiac73
  • 2007/9/6 9:36

• zodiac73

• Just popping in

nachenko
  • 2007/9/6 9:43

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

The exact error message is that you don't have permission to access this area, right?

So it accepted your username and password correctly, am I right?

After you're forbidden access and redirected, can you see the user menu on the left? "View account, Notifications, Logout" and all this stuff?

pod
  • 2007/9/6 9:46

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

You might try turning off your antivirus/firewall before logging in to your XOOPS site. This usually works for me when I have the same problem.

Hope this helps!
www.myxoops.com - MyXoops Is Your XOOPS!

zodiac73
  • 2007/9/6 11:28

• zodiac73

• Just popping in

Quote:

nachenko wrote:
The exact error message is that you don't have permission to access this area, right?

So it accepted your username and password correctly, am I right?

After you're forbidden access and redirected, can you see the user menu on the left? "View account, Notifications, Logout" and all this stuff?

Nope, as soon as the admin page loads at the top it says "You don't have permission to access this area", no chance to enter username or password (no boxes even) then after a couple of seconds redirects to index page for my domain.

zodiac73
  • 2007/9/8 9:46

• zodiac73

• Just popping in

Any ideas? If it's to do with permissions then does anyone know what permissions should be set, as I don't want to take it upon myself to change them in case I create a vulnerability on the website.

zodiac73
  • 2007/9/9 18:57

• zodiac73

• Just popping in

Quote:

I missed this bit ... yes, after redirection I see all that which is the index page for my site. I logged in there with my admin username and password and it let me in then when I clicked Administration it told me I hadn't created an admin yet!

This explains the error at admin.php page; however if I might suggest to the coders that the one line error message could have also said "The reason for this is that you have not yet created a admin login/account. Please login at the index page and then (do this, that, etc. blah blah instructions).

As a noob I can say that would have saved me loads of time working this out.

Thanks to all

skenow
  • 2007/9/9 19:25

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

During a normal XOOPS installation, an adminstrator user is created, so this scenario doesn't make sense, unless the Fantastico installation does something different, never had the opportunity or desire to try it.

Login

Who's Online

255 user(s) are online (190 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 255

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits