politica
I have no way of installing xoops??.......
  • 2007/9/1 19:59

• politica

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/1 1

I use hostforweb.com as a web host, they have fantastico, it has XOOPS 2.0.16 I attempted to install it and it installs everything but doesn't set up the database and user relationship correctly, hense when you go to the site it gives a can't connect to the database error, if you go in and manually add the user you back to the url XOOPS was installed to and it's just blank...of course because the database tables etc couldn't have been setup correctly. So I come to the website, I download the XOOPS 2.0.17.zip and .gzip both, they both are not the full program, the actual core of the program all the modules and everything else aren't there??? I downloaded the 2.0.17 upgrade version as well because I was going to use fantastico to put in the original structure and then just upgrade it, but nothing works.....why is the download of 2.0.17 more or less an empty one, it is 1.2mb but not much more than docs etc....any help would be greatly appreciated, I would like to use XOOPS rather than use ArticleMS

stefan88
Re: I have no way of installing xoops??.......
  • 2007/9/1 20:45

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

Quote:
why is the download of 2.0.17 more or less an empty one, it is 1.2mb but not much more than docs etc

the content of htdocs folder is actual xoops. you need to upload it in your web folder and open your web page. follow the install instructions from there.

After installing it, you will have empty XOOPS site (no modules) Download the modules you need, upload them to your site and install them.

you may read this too: https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=57133&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=0

politica
Re: I have no way of installing xoops??.......
  • 2007/9/1 21:31

• politica

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/1 1

Got it thanks, don't know why I didn't stop to look in the htdocs directory, doing to many different things at once I guess. Again thanks for your help.

Login

Who's Online

482 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 482

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits