moisty70
New to XOOPS please help
  • 2007/8/24 10:45

• moisty70

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/24

Hello everybody,
I've installed XOOPS to improve my web comunity and I am doing some tests.

What I am trying is to set up a new menu item 'Test' that shows a list obtained from a database table records.

1.- I've got the XoopsObjectHandler and the XoopsObject created with module DAO Generator.
2.- I've copied notifications.php to tests.php and made some modifications, everything ok here.
3.- I've copied system_notification_list.php to system_tests_list.php and here comes the problem.

My error is :
Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_tests_list.html" in file /class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1095

And the SQL sentence is :

SELECT f.*, s.tpl_source FROM regalos_tplfile f LEFT JOIN regalos_tplsource s ON s.tpl_id=f.tpl_id WHERE (tpl_tplset = 'default' AND tpl_file = 'system_tests_list.html') ORDER BY tpl_refid

I see the template is not at regalos_tplfile and of course I'm not inserting it by hand.

How is the right way to do this full proccess?

Please help.

rlankford
Re: New to XOOPS please help
  • 2007/8/24 11:47

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

I might be misunderstanding you, but here's what I think...

Templates get 'installed' into the database whenever the module is installed or updated via the admin panel. If you've physically added a template file to your module's directory structure and have defined that template file in your xoops_version.php file, then you need to install/update that module from the system admin panel in order to get that template copied into your database.

Also, if you are using a non standard template set, you'll want to ensure that the template set you're using also has the latest copy of the smarty template too.

Hope this helps...

moisty70
Re: New to XOOPS please help
  • 2007/8/26 11:47

• moisty70

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/24

Thanks.
One more thing.

I want a new menu item, that shows an html table filled with the data on a database table.

Example:
Menu Item -> select from table -> show table with records

What I should do?
Create a module?
Just a template.

I've been searching the documentation with no success.
I don't know how to do it at all.

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits