suico
Using 3 servers for xoops help!
  • 2007/8/11 14:00

• suico

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/24

We are installing XOOPS and we "need" to use 3 servers.
1. For database
2. webserver where XOOPS stands
3. a server only for the uploads files

Can I configure XOOPS (even haccking it) or the servers in a way it will be transparent for the final user?
How? Any tips?

Urgent help needed.
Yogurt Social Network Service
Visit: http://www.marcellobrandao.eti.br/

Northern
Re: Using 3 servers for xoops help!
  • 2007/8/11 17:08

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

what do you mean, like a bridge to 3 XOOPS db's?
from 3 diff, domains?

tom
  • 2007/8/11 20:25

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Possible, but I'd consider some kind of encryption's, especially if the servers are remotely hosted.

For uploads of avatars and images in the default Image manager, then you'd need to make some hacks.

Some modules I believe will allow you to specify where to upload files too, you'd have to research the modules you wish to use.

Can I ask, whats the need for 3 servers, is this site gonna be having a massive amount of concurrent connections from set-up?

So yes it's possible, the solution though depends on what modules you use and any other customisations you wish to make.

Xoops.org as it is now only has one server, and I believe once it moves to the new servers, there will be two one for site and files, the other for DB. I mention this as XOOPS gets hit well sometimes.

suico
  • 2007/8/11 21:40

• suico

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

by Northern on 2007/8/11 15:08:49
what do you mean, like a bridge to 3 XOOPS db's?
from 3 diff, domains?

No Northern , I mean 1 server only for database , 1 server only for media files (video and pictures) and the last one for XOOPS itself
Quote:

by tom on 2007/8/11 18:25:11

Possible, but I'd consider some kind of encryption's, especially if the servers are remotely hosted.

In truth we'll configure the "media" serv er to accept only calls from the XOOPS one
Quote:

For uploads of avatars and images in the default Image manager, then you'd need to make some hacks.

Yes but how? I can 't even imagine from where to start
do you have a simple tutorial for uploading a file to a second servervisiting a page from the first or even after uploading the file? Suggestions are welcome

Quote:

Some modules I believe will allow you to specify where to upload files too, you'd have to research the modules you wish to use.

Yes they allow me to say where to put the files but only in the server I am using for XOOPS and it is not what I want ineed to send them to another server.
Quote:

Can I ask, whats the need for 3 servers, is this site gonna be having a massive amount of concurrent connections from set-up?

Yes we do expect to have a big amount of concurrent conections but what worries us the most is the amount of transer simutaneous because of the big video files. It will be a dating site and "lovers" will be able to exchange theirs "amateurs" videos
Quote:

So yes it's possible, the solution though depends on what modules you use and any other customisations you wish to make.

If I find the solution for sending the files to the other server from the first server I can hack myself the modules I need.
Quote:

Xoops.org as it is now only has one server, and I believe once it moves to the new servers, there will be two one for site and files, the other for DB. I mention this as XOOPS gets hit well sometimes.

Yes the database in the other server is already setted and everything works fine the problem remains with the media server.

Thanks for answering and please help me if you have a solution.

We're thinking of making as a solution using a script in the other server only for sending the files and hosting them asking for validation everytime using the same database as in the XOOPS server but it is not the ideal solution for us.

iHackCode

what about FTP? a php uploading script that uploads to the 3rd server (media). and not to the 2nd server (site).

i dont have any experience with this. just an idea..
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

suico
  • 2007/8/13 12:46

• suico

• Friend of XOOPS

The idea was to use http , as not everyone can use ftp behind firewalls, thanks for the idea though.

Anyone has an example of script for what I am in need?
PLease do tell

suico
  • 2007/8/14 17:14

• suico

• Friend of XOOPS

Resolvedf, thanks to everyone who hav participated in this discussion. We can assign a folder to receive the files and they will be actually in the other server a friend has configurated the server for us.
Thanks

Login

Who's Online

928 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 928

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits