prissanna
cPanel question
  • 2007/8/3 18:21

• prissanna

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/3 1

I'm trying to upload a theme to my cPanel instead of using FTP (which I don't know how to use). I uploaded one that doesn't have any separate images for home, news, etc. and it worked, but the one I really want has about 25 images to upload. When I upload them under the theme file they don't work. Where am I supposed to upload them?

Also, on the theme that I got to work, I just have home, view account, download and forums at the top of the page. I set it to have new users, login, site info, recent comments, etc. under my blocks admin but they don't show up. I'm apparantly doing something wrong there too. Any clue?

pod
Re: cPanel question
  • 2007/8/4 5:16

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

Don't fear FTP, FTP is your friend.

Try SmartFTP here:http://www.smartftp.com/

Download, install, open it up.
In the top left input bar, simply type ftp.yoursite.com, then follow that by typing your username & your password into the appropriate spaces to the right of that. Click Connect.
Navigate to your themes folder & drag-and-drop your desired_theme folder over.
Isn't that easier than uploading your images 1-by-1?

I'm guessing the 'home, view account, download & forums' menu links are built into your theme, which (probably) is the reason you are seeing them at all. Go to Your XOOPS Admin > Groups > Anonymous & check the boxes of the blocks you would like to be able to view when you are not logged into your site. Hit submit.
If that doesn't help, go to blocks admin & be sure you set the blocks to be displayed in the right places on the appropriate pages.

Hope this helps!
www.myxoops.com - MyXoops Is Your XOOPS!

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits