bluejay
using xoops....
  • 2007/8/3 5:33

• bluejay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/3 3

im a newbie...

ive downloaded XOOPS and extracted its content. probably installation is not really my problem but i was thinking... if this is a web hosting site, where could i place my php files and MySQL dbases?

my computer's not connected to the Internet, so definitely, installing it on my computer is not an option to be accessed over the net (as being suggested, even in FAQ).

does it mean that i cant have any php-mysql hosting then unless i use my own unit or am i getting the wrong idea?

i really want to learn PHP and host a personal site to see the difference from my local machine and to the one conencted to the Internet. thanks!

kc0maz
Re: using xoops....
  • 2007/8/3 11:06

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

I think you are asking about hosting?

There have been a couple of threads started about hosting. There are a number of companies that will provide with MySql database(s) and support php.

I have hosted a couple of websites on my server, until the traffic outgrew the bandwidth, then I moved to a another host that can support the traffic I was experiencing.

Most of the hosting companies will provide you with a means to create the MySql database. Then you will want to upload (ftp) the XOOPS files to web directory that you will use for your web site.

If you haven't already done so, please read the documentation It explains how to install Xoops
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits