mferreira
Anonymus debug Could not register
  • 2007/7/24 16:19

• mferreira

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/19

Hello everybody,

Im trying to work out the "could not register new user" problem, the only solutions that I've seen, the firewall one and the fields inf reload, are not working (the firewall one is deprecated in 2.0.16), so I'll try to figure out the solution using the debug.

My problem is that I can't enable the debug so that I can use it when I'm not logged in. Is there some way to do it? I enabled the debug but I'm only able to use it when sined in.

Thanks
Sorry for my bad english... :)
I love to learn, feel free to tell me when I misspell something.
Using Xoops 2.0.16, FC4, PHP 5.0.4-10.5, Apache 2.0.54-10.4, mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1.

mferreira
Re: Anonymus debug Could not register
  • 2007/7/24 18:19

• mferreira

• Just popping in

I apologize for replying myself,

I have been checking the users database table and found something very odd.

First of all, I migrated that table from MySQL 3.23 in my local server to the 4.1 that I'm using in my remote server.

When I go into the myadmin and browse the users table, if I go to the very end of it with the >> button, I find that the last user added is de 1484 but, if I sort the table by uid, I find that the last added is 1511.

Ok, this is not impossible to happen, but what I do think that is impossible to happen is that when I add a new user, and is added with the 1512 id, and then go and browse the users table, I find that the new user was not added in the last record but somewhere in the middle of the table.

I think that this is causing the "Could not register new user" problem. But this is very odd, I mean, if the new record is inserted somewhere in the middle of the table, it would be overriding some other record; but as far as I know that's impossible for the difference of the INSERT and UPDATE MySQL sentences.

Does anybody have an idea of what is going on in my database?

Thank you very much.
Using Xoops 2.0.16, FC4, PHP 5.0.4-10.5, Apache 2.0.54-10.4, mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1.

christian
  • 2007/7/24 19:01

• christian

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/2/24

You have omit to update auto-increment in the table.

1) execute this request in phpMyAdmin interface for know the uid max :
SELECT max(uidFROM [prefix]_users`;

After, click on tab Operations for the [prefix]_users table and you can update value auto_increment with result query + 1

mferreira
  • 2007/7/24 20:38

• mferreira

• Just popping in

Thanks for your answer chrisitan,

However, the table has already an auto_increment in the uid filed and the next autoi_ncrement is the max + 1. I made a little MySQL script that migrated de auto_increment s for all the tables.

mferreira
  • 2007/7/25 15:22

• mferreira

• Just popping in

Again, I apologize for replying myself.

Just for helping whoever has the same problem.

I finally solved the inserting in the middle by deleting the auto_increment to uid and setting it up again. Also, but not sure if it was relevant, Altered the table ordering it by uid.

The other problem was that the group_users_link table had no auto_increment in the linkid, so I setted it up, deleted the records with 0 in the linkid and ordered it by uid.

I hope that anything of this actions will be bad for my site.

Thanks again.

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits