attock
Re: A Plea to the Xoops Community
  • 2007/7/22 13:41

• attock

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/20

I agree with you catz ~

But I thought we were about to get on the right path, and did we not just appointed new project leader and team members? I wasn't around lately, so I am not sure.

But in any case I agree with you cent percent !

BlueStocking

by draj on 2007/7/22 2:29:50

Draj,

I thought Catz would have been an excellent choice for any position he wanted at that time, and I think they (the community) missed the boat by accepting anything less.

Now, I don't think the new teams were selected with the idea in mind they would actually make a difference, it was more of a guarentee that the status quo would not be seriously challenged.

For my part, I was nothing more than a 'paper tiger.'

Catz, would offer a serious challenge to the way things are going.

A BlueStocking Opinion.

BTW: we should have reached out to the board and everyone on it, but we didn't have that authority. Speaking for myself, I had permission to do what I was told.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

draj
  • 2007/7/23 7:11

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

HI,
Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
I thought Catz would have been an excellent choice for any position he wanted at that time, and I think they (the community) missed the boat by accepting anything less.

A leader is a leader because he/she has a forsieght and wisdom. Catz DOES NOT. DJ/phppp also DOES NOT. They are not my enemies. It was his action that speaks. DJ and Catz could be good programmers but should never be leaders. Both are unwise.

Quote:

BTW: we should have reached out to the board and everyone on it, but we didn't have that authority. Speaking for myself, I had permission to do what I was told.

The reason why DJ wrote to you such an answer to your resignatioon was nothing because he never had in his mind to have others as official teams belonging to XOOPS organisation. Why did you need to resign? What official designation did you have? Nothing!

Apart from that, Community co-ordination was for me a very big question, looking from the point of view the activity was described, something I saw with very big eyes...

To get so many teams coming togather and functioning harmoniously is not a task of people who are not experienced. There are several aspects which would push many constructive energies to exit, if the fulcrum is not centered properly. It is like the wheel of a cycle that rotates off-centered. And thats what DJ did and does to continue....

Eventually only a group of some innocent people came togather, invested in some group activities and lost their valuable time. Whats happening at all, you see?

wizanda
  • 2007/7/23 9:50

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Some are watching on the side lines, waiting to see when polls get added to this forum and arguing stops….
How can we speak of electing peoples or making major decisions without it?…….

Catzwolf
  • 2007/7/23 11:24

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Actually draj,

I think my RL jobs would actually disagree with you there. All my jobs have either been a supervisory or managerial role in all I have been promoted very quickly and had major success in doing so.

Actually over the last few weeks you sound you are on a one man bitter campaign because you didn't get your modules leadership and nothing else and I would have backed you until you started to get personal, But now I fear your attitude is doing more harm than good for XOOPS than anything else and you are free to continue that if you wish.

I asked DJ three times to join the XOOPS team and I realize that if he isn’t going to give me one then what is the point of trying anymore. You on the other hand have thrown your rattle out of your pram calling DJ just about everything under the sun and if that is how you are going to try and change things here at XOOPS I wish no part of it.

I personally now do not see a future for XOOPS in the long wrong, DJ seems to be forgetting the one major part and that is the community and until he addresses that then no amount of changes within the code will bring about peace in this community.

Now if YOU think you are a oh so wonderful leader, then please try to act like one, address the situation like one and have the common courtesy of one when talking to other people. (ie quit the name calling and acting like someone with a grudge).

Now if you don’t mind, I have better things to do with my life now than argue with people like you or anyone else for that matter.

ATB

Catz

draj
  • 2007/7/23 12:11

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:
I personally now do not see a future for XOOPS in the long
Now if YOU think you are a oh so wonderful leader, then please try to act like one, address the situation like one

So from your message above, what I was saying before is what you are saying today. Thats where you missed applying your mind and wisdom.

I did not have a lot of fun to invest money from my savings writing very detailed messages here, spending hours. I have much better things to do in life apart from making money, where I am struggling to save my time and use it effeciently and carefully. I work for several non-profit associations and that keeps me busy.

While joining the module team, I never wanted any kind of leadership and shall never ever want to have one. I do have commitments to several non-profits which takes a substantial ammount of my time and I am always in a battle of saving my time.

Sit down and calculate the number of hours I have spend in writing those messages. For what? To make the community aware of a situation that I could see it transparent several weeks ago, a bad luck to XOOPS community.

And what did you do? Eventually you ended up in creating an atmosphere which only spoke against my activity of making the XOOPS community aware of, for no personal interest of mine. You did not even give a thought of the reasons and depths of my thinking in regards to what was I talking.

I am certainly not so young to enter into any kind of mind battles, hurtings, word games, etc. Also I am not interested of throwing stones of words by such a discussion here. Awareness within the community means also that you become aware of what you have done in the past, recognise your own mistake and respect the activity of others.

Thats what you need to interospect and see it constructively, rather than entering into word of battles with me or anyone else.

cybersensei

Quote:

wizanda wrote:
Some are watching on the side lines, waiting to see when polls get added to this forum and arguing stops….
How can we speak of electing peoples or making major decisions without it?…….

*waiting on the side lines*

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits