dn100
Experience: Finally successfully installed, but ... Modules
  • 2007/7/20 3:07

• dn100

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/20

Hi,

After tried out for several days, searched the forums, finally installed on stable condition. I know how hard to find a satisfied answer to suit your situation when you got problem.

Here is the my experience:
Environment:
Win 2k, adv server, sp4
PHP5.2.3
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.03 free version (Not enterprise)
XOOPS 2.016

First, by using Windows' installer executables provided by AMP will give you the UNSURE result -- seems working, but when install XOOPS, then it appears not working. Or when you installed some other programs like VTigerCRM, your AMP bundle may not work again.

OK, here is my success:
1) If you have previous installed any of the AMPs, uninstall them first. Of cause, if you are running Apache and MySQL services, stop the services first.
     Then using some Windows registry clean up tools, like Registry Mechanic to clean up all AMP related entries in Windows registry.
2) Restart the computer
3) Install MySQL first, using its installer
4) Install Apache2.24, using its installer
5) Install PHP5.23, using it source package by unpacking its ZIP file into the assigned location
6) Put the followings in Apache's httpd.conf, just after the lines of LoadModule:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
PHPIniDir "" ;(ex. "C:/php5")
LoadModule php5_module ""/php5apache2_2.dll

6) Make a copy of php.ini-recommended in your PHP5.23 folder, and rename it to php.ini.
Find extension_dir in your php.ini, change its value from
extension_dir = "./"
to
extension_dir = "./ext"

Enable the following extensions:
extension=php_gd2.dll
extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll
7) Then install XOOPS will be easy

But, afterwards, I could not load, or install any modules:
Any modules, like MyReviews, Magazine etc, when I unpacked them into the /modules, they are not showing up on the module admin page -- still only the System module page. So, I can not "install" them.

Any help?

stefan88
Re: Experience: Finally successfully installed, but ... Modules
  • 2007/7/20 7:45

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

you may have uncompatible module. Enable PHP debug and look for any errors (ignore notices if there are any).

If you see "Module File for Not Found!", this means that you did not placed module(s) corectly in the modules folder.

dn100
Re: Experience: Finally successfully installed, but ... Modules
  • 2007/7/23 3:24

• dn100

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/20

Thank you.

I found the problem from your tip: The module Magazine creates errors on my current version 2.016. Taking out Magazine module, then everything fine now for other modules.

Login

Who's Online

468 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 468

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits