script_fu
Re: [Module Request] "Car Garage" module (2)

Okay... Marc thanks for the post.

What needs to be done is pick a thread and stay there. I dont want all the precious info and progress to be lost and spread out all over the place.

Now I have a bunch more ideas where this could go. This might even be considered a totally different module.

off topic: Im no coder but I know what I want

Is there anyway to write a module that can hook into different modules yet? Is there modules designed so you can hook data into them already?

brb... Im searching for an older post...

gtop00
  • 2007/7/17 22:33

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Makes & Models: Some suggestions...

a. Makes
a.1. There is not any reason to pre-load all makes. Since the module could be used internationally, the pre-loaded makes do not practically correspond to the existing in every country.
a.2. There is an ISO standard deals with the coding of the Makes. I'll find it and mail it.
a.3. Proposal: We can pre-load the ISO coded Makes (all) but give the opportunity to the admin to select those he needs.

b. Models
b.1. As said, models is a nightmare... Model per Year, model per country, LHD, RHD models, same model with different name in other countries, auto or man models, 2-4 door models ........ We simply CANNOT pre-load models.
b.2. Give the ability to the db to have a txt field of X characters. The models should be possible to be entered by the admin AND related to the makes.

In both cases, when the db has been created, it will not be possible/easy to export – alter – re-import since those fields will be steady linked with other fields (e.g. auto parts, users, pictures …)

Question (again): For what functionality we are talking about?
Quote:
Up to now, I see these requirements:
- "It allows members to upload photos of their vehicle, review modifications, rate shops, etc etc." (Mudnuts4x4)
- "Im in the used auto parts business. I also sell new aftermarket auto parts. I would love to have any of the above you have suggested." (script_fu)
- Some of mine (post #57)

script_fu

Posted on: 2004/4/19 20:10 by script_fu

I am interested in making a module for an auto parts requester system.

Just a few ideas here so...
I want people to be able to fill out a form and when submitted it posts its self to newbb by state country or vehicle type and also emails the admin or whoever is on the list about the post on newbb at the same time...

An old Idea

Anyway this post above is what I am still after.

These links below is whats possible if this could post to cbb
http://www.automotix.net/buyers.html
http://www.automotix.net/sellers.html
http://www.automotix.net/partshotline.html

Of course all the customers contact details are only viewable to the sellers. The forum can be sorted by date, time, year, make, model ect. ect.

Maybe even send pm's to the XOOPS inbox sellers and then mail the XOOPS group sellers.

script_fu

Like I said maybe a whole different module...

Here is a good link on how to populate dropdowns/chained selects.
populate dropdowns

gtop00
  • 2007/7/17 23:19

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

Well, now #1 request is more clear:
Quote:
"We need a XOOPS module for selling auto parts. The customer/xoops user should fill a form (with some pre-defined drop-down fields among other) and submit the request to some E-mails.
The pre-defined fields should be interlinked (with one-to-many relation)"

How it sounds?

Note: I still don't understand the neccesity of the 'mailling' to newBB/CBB

script_fu

gtop00
Quote:
Note: I still don't understand the neccesity of the 'mailling' to newBB/CBB

Hey gtop00 you certainly ask great questions!

When the customer comes into your website and fills out these requests. What ever they my be and its then posted to a forum like cbb. Well what you have is a free & fresh "content source" thats dynamic in every way.

You see the garage I need is closed to new users. Only sellers will have access to the email and phone numbers of the customers requests.

But prospective customers and sellers can see all the requests being made in the forum. Which in theory will entice them to become a user of the website.

gtop00
  • 2007/7/17 23:32

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

Post by post the request becomes more clear.
I believe that the way we are now discussing it, can describe the request in a way that could help a programmer understand and convert or create a XOOPS module from scratch. And, believe me, it can have many applications.

More tomorrow (I need some sleep...)

script_fu

gtop00
Quote:
a.2. There is an ISO standard deals with the coding of the Makes. I'll find it and mail it.

Hey don't mail it post it! lol

------------------

This below is another old post. I thought it still might be useful.

Quote:

script_fu wrote:
I need a custom module for my sites. Im also in need of some advise on which module to use in order to start this project.

Could someone take a look at these sites and see if this is a doable project?
www.junkyarddog.com
www.uneedapart.com
These two sites run their visitors thru a system of questions
in order to obtain the correct information about the vehicle. So auto parts may be requested for them.

This site below uses grafics in order to help non experienced buyers request the correct part.
http://www.car-part.com/outside/multi.htm

Which module would be the correct doner for this project - Or should this module be made from scratch?

Thanks in advanced for any info...

Will_H
  • 2007/7/17 23:52

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Every time a part request is made it opens up a support ticket, wherein the seller, and the customer can communicate about the part in question.

It doesn't necessarily have to be cbb, think of it more like a help desk.

Upon creation of the ticket a notification email is sent to admin.

script_fu

Quote:

Biteronboard wrote:
Every time a part request is made it opens up a support ticket, wherein the seller, and the customer can communicate about the part in question.

It doesn't necessarily have to be cbb, think of it more like a help desk.

Upon creation of the ticket a notification email is sent to admin.

Not a bad idea either "Will" I like it. But the major point of my idea is to "create content" that sellers and buyers can see. Also the mighty google will index & rank the site for relevant content. I would call this freecontent...

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits