Cozzie
Pre-existing database: can it be part of a Xoops site?
  • 2007/7/17 6:10

• Cozzie

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/7/13

This problem is a little similar to the FAQ: "Can I include my pre-existing html pages in to a XOOPS site?" but it concerns php pages generated from a user search

I have a php/msql database which users can search. I really want to incude it in to a XOOPS controlled site but I can't see how it can be done.

I want to use XOOPS so that users can add comments to each page (using CommentAny or a similar module) and ALSO allowing the most recent comments to appear on the homepage.

I tried a wrap/include module as suggested for html pages (myiframe). This does allow the search to be viewed inside the new XOOPS site but it results in all the search generated php having the same URL - meaning (I guess) Comments cannot be added nor featured on the homepage.

I hope I've explained this ok, if it would help to see the site to understand the problem let me know

I really need to know if this is possible, if not I guess I'll have to accept I can't use XOOPS and develop a tailor made cms but I really don't want to do this as XOOPS is so great for so many reasons.

Thanks a lot for any help -this prolem is killing me

Login

Who's Online

70 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 70

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits