Iceline
Re: FCKeditor on 2.0.x - with Image and Uploads - Instructions
  • 2007/6/11 9:04

• Iceline

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/7 1

I've read multiple topics like this and still I can't figure out how (read: which files I need to edit) to use FCKeditor from the 'xoops-class-xoopseditor.zip' on XOOPS 2.0.16 so that it'll work with:

NewBB2 (2.0.2 final)
Wiwi 0.8.3

Could someone please tell me how I can get this to work?

mboyden
  • 2007/6/11 13:41

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

You shouldn't need to edit anything from xoops-class-xoopseditor to get it to work. If anything, you need to edit files in NewBB2 and Wiwi.

Here's how I do it (assuming that they've got the basic code in there). First, load the latest version of the xoopseditor (1.10 as of this writing). I forget but you may need Frameworks, too, for this (I install both for all my sites).

Next, go to the module page that has the text area on it that you want to use a WYSIWYG editor on. Then go and edit that page and do a search for the call of the editor ('fckeditor' for FCKeditor, 'wysiwyg' for Koivi, etc.). Then edit the paths to make sure they are pointing correctly to the correct path for that editor.

Previously, fckeditor, koivi, spaw, and other WYSIWYG editors that were integrated with 2.0.x were spread out in different places. This xoopseditor framework puts them all in class/xoopseditor/editorname and standardizes it similar to the 2.2.x branch, but many modules still point to the old directories.

If the editors aren't selectable in that module, then more work is required to instantiate the editor and such.

If that isn't enough info, let me know, and I'll dig it up for you better. If that's the case (that these editors aren't integrated to some degree into these modules), at least let me know what specific pages you are trying to get the editor in, and I'll see what I can do for you, but hopefully you'll do a solid try first on this.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

mboyden
  • 2007/6/11 13:45

• mboyden

No, the DHTML editor shouldn't be gone in the Add new blocks. It's still there for me when I load XOOPS 2.0.16 and XOOPSeditor 1.10.

As to adding FCKeditor (and other WYSIWYGs) to this, that's another exercise in and of itself. I'm hoping that we'll have both profiles and wysiwyg editing in the next core release, but I don't know what the direction is for that just yet.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

Iceline
  • 2007/6/12 12:37

• Iceline

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/7 1

Thanks, but I'd like to know which files (for newbb2 and wiwi) I need to edit to get both to work with FCKeditor...

(I'm uploading frameworks as I write this...)

dejadingo
  • 2007/7/16 16:46

• dejadingo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/22

Thanks very much for your instructions. I managed to get XoopsEditor installed and working in my own content module (that used to use native FCKEditor installed inside the module admin). I simply changed the creation of the editor widget to
$fckeditor_root XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/class/xoopseditor/fckeditor/';
include 
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/class/xoopseditor/fckeditor/fckeditor.php';
ob_start();
$oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor('message') ;
$oFCKeditor->BasePath    XOOPS_URL."/class/xoopseditor/fckeditor/" ;
$oFCKeditor->ToolbarSet "Custom";
$oFCKeditor->Value        "" ;
$oFCKeditor->Height        500 ;
$oFCKeditor->Create() ;
$wysiwyg_text_area = new XoopsFormLabel(_C_CONTENTob_get_contents());
$form->addElement($wysiwyg_text_area);
ob_end_clean();

I can't see where $fckeditor_root is used, but I left it in anyway.

I've been looking at formfckeditor.php and editor_registry.php which XoopsEditor installed and trying to figure out how to set up the per-module configuration stuff which I will also need. Can you please explain how this is all hooked up in a non-Frameworks system. I really don't need the stuff in Frameworks, and would rather not have the footprint just to do wysiwyg editing in some admin pages.
- Is the installation of XoopsEditor sufficient to hook up this registry thing?
- What should my module do, if anything, to hook it up?
- What (other than the above) should my admin file have to activate this appropriately?
I'd also like to remove all the other wysiwyg editors from the installation if that is possible.

BTW- In exchange, I'd be glad to provide the Xoops-enabled newest FCKeditor version (2.4.3) for inclusion in the XoopsEditor package.

Thanks for the help.

mboyden
  • 2007/7/16 19:20

• mboyden

I'll try to answer the questions on this, but I'm not a developer of the XOOPSeditor framework, nor the Frameworks package either.

I don't know the relationship of Frameworks to the XOOPSEditor package, so I can't answer whether or not it needs to be installed for XOOPSEditor to work.

As to how to use the module-specific ones, all you have to do is follow the original instructions I provided. There are some files in the modules subdirectory of XOOPSEditor's FCKeditor. Copy these files to the module subdirectory in the /modules directory (i.e., /modules/smartsection for SmartSection module). Then edit them as you see fit to specify a specific directory for images, files and such. These images, files and such will be uploaded to the specified subdirectory in your uploads directory.

Is that clear as mud? If not, let me know....

Finally, as to migrating the new FCKeditor into this package, for the most part you should be able to generally drop this new one in except for a couple of files. Should be fairly easy, but you'll want to contact the team that works on this via their SF site (also included in the original post).

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits