Will_H
Re: " Car Garage" Module
  • 2007/7/14 23:50

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

script_fu

Hey Will! Whats up Son... I'll read that in a second cause you know im a big VB fan.

Northern thats pretty cool. Im gonna need a lil while to chew on this for sure.

Its a little like what an old friend of mine has done. His site is Drag List he took the whole thing to extreme and rightfully so.

script_fu

Hey Will...

Your link made me reg on the site. Im stoked now...

You want that Vb license don't you??? If you will do the mods I will buy that lic...

Let me know if you think you can pull it off with xoops/vb.

script_fu

Hey Will will you set up Northerns .zip file? Pick any site except my main site and delete if you must or better yet a sub domain. Lets put it thru the grinder.

Your the pro with that cms...

Edit: Also I see your boy Xtrato over at VB.O in that link...

script_fu

Quote:

Northern wrote:

Maybe if the SMF bridge was checked out, it could be used for phpbb, VBulletin, IPB or any even MyBB

I think Northern is correct! After reading and reading the smf bridge seems to be the best way for XOOPS to get what it needs.

It is the best way to get a non native board up and running!

I think this is where all the effort should focus. If we can get a generic bridge for all the best boards set up like the smf bridge XOOPS would be way ahead of the game.

Im gonna set this one up first and put it thru the grinder.

------------

I went thru all the vb.o posts on the application connector. It seems to be more Joomla based than anything else. Toward the end of the posts our old friend BBPixel had the right soultion!

Man how can we get a dev like him interested in XOOPS once again? Meaning not just Ipb for XOOPS but VB for xoops...

Edit: I confused BBPixel mods up a little...

Northern
  • 2007/7/15 8:27

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

Ive started to alter the smf bridge to work with pbpBB2
I can get the module to install like it should but im having prblems with the phpBB2 showing.
getting that nice white page, LOL

Ill tinker with it some more latter, right now its time to sleep.

Will_H
  • 2007/7/15 13:04

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Quote:
I went thru all the vb.o posts on the application connector. It seems to be more Joomla based than anything else. Toward the end of the posts our old friend BBPixel had the right soultion!

Nah it would work fine, just a matter of editing the sql queries to run it along side XOOPS.

Essentially this will work with anything that uses cookie based authentication.

I would not run them on the same db however, and if you are not running VB on the same db you have to turn "persistant db connection" off on the vb side with php4.

Thats pretty much it, I am sure that the authentication system is well doc'd somewhere, and if it isnt it whould only take you a few days to match it up.

You can go whatever route you want with it, I am too busy being puked on by your granddaughter to mess with it right now, but if I get some time I will lend a hand.

script_fu

Very cool Northern!!!

I have not made it that far yet. Im still trying to get my first install of the smf bridge to work.

Based on alot of work from Orstio & broham here it looks like the latest release of smf 1.1.3 does not work with 1.1 beta 2 of the bridge.

Did you get smf 1.1.3 running? Or should I spend my time on 1.1.2?

script_fu

Will: I will read thru the vb post again I went way to fast. I was very tired last night. I could hardly hold my eyes open.

Anyway puke is better than the yellow stuff!

Northern
  • 2007/7/15 18:44

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

Quote:

script_fu wrote:
Very cool Northern!!!

I have not made it that far yet. Im still trying to get my first install of the smf bridge to work.

Based on alot of work from Orstio & broham here it looks like the latest release of smf 1.1.3 does not work with 1.1 beta 2 of the bridge.

Did you get smf 1.1.3 running? Or should I spend my time on 1.1.2?

I beleave I have 1.1.2 working, I havent tryed 1.1.3 yet.

this might help you on the install.
http://www.helpxoops.info/forums/index.php?topic=24.0

The structure for the bridge is fairly easy, 80% of the bridge is in the index.php

Marc

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits