BlueStocking
Re: dev.xoops.org seems to be down

@David_L, #28 post
I want the council to respond to getting a backup of this database onto Xoopsinfo.com.

As soon as possible.

So we can proceed with redirecting non-project business to the proper area/areas. The information on this database is a necessary tool for them to do their daily routine, and I personally do not want to take any chance on its loss.

We have received a 'suggested' forums layout from DJ in keeping with the original site plan of separation of project and community.

It is imperative that the 'community' be informed and move quickly to get their 'ducks in a row'

I fear and applaud that things will change very quickly, once the announcement of teams has been made.

You are on the council and handle the server side, so give me an answer on this particular issue, please. Will you provide necessary purge via the database and archive of information?
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

davidl2
  • 2007/7/10 15:29

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

For those people who didn't hear earlier.. (JOKE!!!)

The original plan was to rename this site "archive.xoops.org" - to keep the current content safe, secure and intact.

Because of the Data Protection Act (UK) and worldwide equivalents - XOOPSInfo (and any other community site) cannot make use of this data... and as this current site is such an untidy mess - it makes more sense to archive it away from a newer, tidier, more organised structure.

Hence an archive.xoops site - officially held by the XOOPS Project team on the same server as the XOOPS.org

BlueStocking

Data Protection Act (UK) and worldwide equivalents - XOOPSInfo (and any other community site) cannot make use of this data

Xoopsinfo is a part of xoops.org now, accquired for the specific purpose of community business. It is a matter now of simply taking charge and making the necessary changes.

Are you in?
Let's roll!!!

EDIT: My question (#31 post) was addressed to David_L, council member, in regard to his post #28. My intent (by responding to Davidl2, here was to encourage the community to get involved in the process. I HAVE ABSOLUTE NO AUTHORITY ON THE SERVER SIDE, (NOR COMMUNITY SIDE) nor do I want it.

Our job is Coordination, that means find out what everybody is doing, so we may C.O.O.R.D.I.N.A.T.E.
Not dictate.

davidl2
  • 2007/7/10 15:45

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

XOOPSinfo is a Community site.

It does not belong to XOOPS.org

It is run by its own team.

Therefore it cannot utilise a database from another site, without every single member of that site being consulted and giving authorisation first.

PS: One of my former jobs was a contractor for a defence company - I have dealt with the DPA, Official Secrets Act and many other pieces of paper that would give James Bond's superiors wet dreams

gtop00
  • 2007/7/10 15:48

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
XOOPSinfo is a Community site.
It does not belong to XOOPS.org
...without every single member of that site being consulted and giving authorisation first.

I DO NOT.

davidl2
  • 2007/7/10 15:49

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

My point exactly.

BlueStocking

Davidl2,

Maybe you can suggest a poll carried on at xoopsinfo with a yes or no, we will take it or not.

And get back with us as soon as possible.

Hopefully it can be done and in place before the team announcements are made so we can continue to 'move forward'.

gtop00
  • 2007/7/10 15:57

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Quote:

Dave_L wrote:
xoopsinfo.com is a community support site, operated by its owners/administrators independently of the project.

xoops.org, or at least a subdomain, will have forums. I don't know exactly what role these forums will take.

A few of the council members are tasked with drafting the plan for the reorganized *.xoops.org sites. That's still underway, and I don't have the details yet.

Most of the teams have submitted their reports. These reports are being reviewed. When that's complete, the teams will be announced.

davidl2
  • 2007/7/10 16:04

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
Davidl2,

Maybe you can suggest a poll carried on at xoopsinfo with a yes or no, we will take it or not.

And get back with us as soon as possible.

Hopefully it can be done and in place before the team announcements are made so we can continue to 'move forward'.

A poll about what?

The decisions have already been made - XOOPSInfo is the community site... The forums here are apparently going to be for development (they would be better on a development subdomain however)

davidl2
  • 2007/7/10 16:06

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:

EDIT: My question was addressed to David_L, council member.
My intent here was to encourage the community to get involved in the process. I HAVE ABSOLUTE NO AUTHORITY ON THE SERVER SIDE, nor do I want it.

Please be a bit more specific if you could?

Dave_l - is the council member

Davidl2 - is not

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits