vaughan
Re: Terms of use and XOOPSiquette review
  • 2007/7/2 20:40

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

what the hell? what is wrong with saying that? it's a word. i don't know where you come from but it is not classed as offensive where i come from, and neither has anybody taken offense to it in all the places i've visited.

davidl2
  • 2007/7/2 20:45

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

There are certainly ruder expressions - but obviously I cannot repeat them here

BlueStocking

Vaughan,
I totally agree, IT is perfectly acceptable where I come from. You may need to re-read my posts because it is possible you mis-interpreted the message.

I DO NOT believe workaround 'h*ll' should be edited by a moderator, as suggested by Kc0maz post number 3

That is over moderation in my view. post number 8

I wondered why you respectfully disagreed post number 10

My answer is:
What the !@#$%

Is that also considered not acceptable?

Over moderation opens up a can of worms that is counter productive to getting a job done.

EDIT: Due to post #30 I believe a valid point was made toward the argument of moderator replacing workaround language behavior.

In view of this change in attitude I believe they should 'remove' the forbidden word without replacing it with a moderator comment in its place.

I think they should then leave a standard bottom note saying language has been mod edited to comply with Site TOS rules.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

davidl2
  • 2007/7/2 20:52

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Agreed - I feel it depends on the context a word is used.

Peekay
  • 2007/7/2 20:54

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:

kc0maz wrote:
Failure to comply will result in your post being deleted without warning or notice.

Sorry for my ignorance kcOmaz, but exactly who are you and what position of authority do you hold here?
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/2 21:04

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

Peekay wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance kcOmaz, but exactly who are you and what position of authority do you hold here?

I have none. However I wanted to make it clear, the moderators will watch this thread, closely and take what ever action they need to keep the peace here. I want an open discussion, not an open flame war. So far so good.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/2 21:10

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

I only used the opening statement as a catalyst, to get the discussion going.

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
Agreed - I feel it depends on the context a word is used.

I have to agree. So for the purpose of the code of conduct; can we say we will not allow the FCC's seven forbidden words for broadcast, plus any other words depending on the context they are used?
--unknown

Peekay
  • 2007/7/2 21:12

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

O.K. Thank you.

I understand the point of the topic, but having posted here for many years I personally have seen very few abuses of the forum in respect to bad language. The forum software has a swear filter. Just add 'hell' to it.

Now, if you had a filter for repetition...
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

BlueStocking

Quote:

kc0maz said:
I have to agree. So for the purpose of the code of conduct; can we say we will not allow the FCC's seven forbidden words for broadcast, plus any other words on depending on the context they are used?

Use the filter and forget about the rest. We are adults, not two year olds. What is appropiate context to me may not be to you. I want to know what people think, not just what they are allowed to think.

No judgement calls, just rules that apply across the board.

Delete the last part of your statement.

All statements made by myself are my own opinions, they in no way reflect what management will or should do. They reflect me being me, saying what I think, mostly without reservations and certainly with no malice intended.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/2 21:51

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
Use the filter and forget about the rest. We are adults, not two year olds. What is appropiate context to me may not be to you. I want to know what people think, not just what they are allowed to think.

No judgement calls, just rules that apply across the board.

then...Moderators will remove any work arounds for the seven forbidden words...

most of us are adults, children may happen by this website as well.

second, some language may not be appropriate for a business environment. Can you picture the poor schmuck trying to sell his boss on the benefits of Xoops, opening the support site only to find foul language. it could be just one word. It doesn't matter how good the support is,or how great of a CMS that XOOPS is, that one word, doesn't matter what it is, will stick out like a sore thumb. XOOPS lost. Been there, not fun.
--unknown

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits