Mithrandir
Re: Project Leader: Catzwolf

Quote:

they were written in the hope on inciting more controversy and #OOPS# within these forums and nothing more.

Certainly not. I'm supporting the current leadership and its progress - I shouldn't hope that was controversial
Quote:

Unlike you, I cannot now take the stand and just sit back and watch from the sideline, but help shape the future of Xoops.

Of course you cannot. You have done that.
You have tried going to another project.
You have tried coming back only to leave right away.
You have tried forking XOOPS.
So when the chance comes to grip "the power" you go for it - that's only natural.

All I want to say to that is that your track record is poor and therefore handing over project leadership to you would be an unsafe bet to take.

If you came with more tangible things than "If I was at the helm, things would be different because I have the best ideas and this is the direction I think is the best" I would probably see things differently.

Everybody seems to want to say how things should be, but not one comes with tangible things like... oh I don't know... Perhaps a new theme? A logo idea? A real-life suggestion on how the front pages of the various XOOPS sites should be with the information that should be there? A really good module documentation template?

But no - it's all "I want to lead and tell people what to do - of course, it will be oh-so democratic and everybody will be heard and we will all be happy and live happily ever after" (I am - whatever you may think - NOT just aiming this at you, you are just one of several).

Phppp has been involved with this project for years now. Continously. He deserves more than powermongers buzzing around him like scavengers. He deserves people around him, who will not only discuss but also DO!

I'd like to see you (all) do something.

@Damaster: Possibly it was a mistake of me to reply in this thread and I sure have made a lot of mistakes in my life - but I really don't consider ignoring you as one of them. So I'll continue doing that.

*pop*
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

mortuk
  • 2007/6/29 11:17

• mortuk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/13

Quote:

JAVesey wrote:

Am I alone in thinking that the roles of "Project Leader" (that Catz has offered to take on) and "Lead Developer" that phppp/DJ has taken on are not actually the same thing?

bingo

Catzwolf
  • 2007/6/29 11:23

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Ok, I wish to make this very clear to everyone.

I came here to help bring a little bit of my vision of how XOOPS can or could be. I did not come here to challenge anyone for 'The' Leadership of XOOPS or to oust DJ from his current role.

While I may not always agree with everything that he is doing, I believe in his principles and that his intentions are nothing more than ‘honorable’. I have so much respect for DJ as a person and for what he is trying to here at Xoops. I know that he has XOOPS best interest at heart. DJ is a gentleman and a scholar.

I came here to offer any knowledge and wisdom (If I have any) that I may have gained over the last few years. Learning from past mistakes and gaining new insight and skills from working with many fine and talented people, and hoping to put then to good use in the hope of further changing XOOPS for the good.

I came to XOOPS to make a difference, not start a whole new flame war about leaderships and takeovers or try another round of personal attacks against people. I think XOOPS has had its fair share of this in the last three years and we now need to get the strength to get past this. Childish and immature acts within XOOPS are no longer a requirement for XOOPS membership and we all need to be a little bit bigger than that from now on.

If we take XOOPS down to its simplest form, we can say there are two sides of XOOPS

1. Coding
2. Community

I believe that the coding side is in good hands, we have many good coders that are much better than I and lead by DJ, I know XOOPS will develop at a fast and we are in for many good surprises in the future.

However, at this moment the community side of XOOPS is in tatters and disarray and badly need reform in so many ways. I feel my contribution would serve XOOPS better if I were to spend my time in this area and given the tools to do so.

damaster
  • 2007/6/29 11:34

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Quote:
Of course you cannot. You have done that.
You have tried going to another project.
You have tried coming back only to leave right away.
You have tried forking XOOPS.
So when the chance comes to grip "the power" you go for it - that's only natural.

Well, i see efforts to made the thing evolve. Alike many others do with XOOPS Cube Legacy.
By the way with more legitimity than those who put hands over this site-project some years ago.

All that because it was impossible to do it here !
And I'm not sure DJ is completely free to do so.

Quote:
@Damaster: Possibly it was a mistake of me to reply in this thread and I sure have made a lot of mistakes in my life - but I really don't consider ignoring you as one of them. So I'll continue doing that.

I see ...
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Catzwolf
  • 2007/6/29 11:35

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

@Mith:

Let’s get one thing straight, am a little long in the tooth now for word games and trying to be smart. I see it for what it is and its' intentions, no matter what colored sugar coating you wish to place over it.

Now, you wish to play games fine by me, go right ahead. I have actually grown wise to people like you over the last few years and it was a long hard path I took to get there. Now if you are finished trying to assassinate my character, can you please let me focus on the real important things in my life?

Alan-A
  • 2007/6/29 11:36

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Hallo,
when I first discovered Xoops, WfSections was one of the best modules available and I can remember being more than pleased when Catzwolf took the time to answer one of my first postings here.
However, in between times I have followed not only his positive contributions but also coming and going (partly due to ill health, his starting a XOOPS fork, and his flame postings.
Whilst XOOPS is more a technically oriented organisation, this does not mean that interpersonal skills are not just as important as in other organisations - in particular with our culture of open discussions.
If no one else will say it, then I will: I do not think that it will be good for someone to be given an important position in XOOPS who, when the going get rough, is known to use the abusive manner which Catzwolf has used in the past.
IMO appointing Catzwolf to a position of authority will quickly lead to a rapid decline in the number of people who do not share Catzwolf's view.
A community such as XOOPS needs leadership with other, better developed soft skills. One can develop such skills, and a thicker skin, but I'd like to see that Catzwolf had really changed before assigning him so much responsibility - probation in a lesser position perhaps.
Alan

Alan-A
  • 2007/6/29 11:37

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

[edit] Inadvertent double post.

Anonymous
  • 2007/6/29 11:41

• Anonymous

• Since:

Well said, Catz.....

Some of us who are relatively new here don't know about the past and I, for one, am not really that keen to know about it. I like to take people as I find them and form my own opinions. You seem like a good guy to me, talk a lot of sense and another with overtly honourable intentions.

So...... time to move on and for everyone to pull in the same direction, let bye-gones be bye-gone, etc.

Perhaps you are the right person to help "build bridges" with some of those good and talented people who have either left the project or have their doubts about it. I note that some of them have already given you their support, which is a good sign and testament to your credibility.

Whatever happens, I am pleased to see you back here and hope that you stay.

tjnemez
  • 2007/6/29 11:44

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

It is high handed arrogance that put me on the sidelines.

Example:

Quote:

As a simple xoopser I have no idea what has gone on behind closed doors. All I know is that XOOPS has been in a downward spiral and some prominent members who have been missing only show up to create more controversy.

Quote:
Anyways, I wish you (all) the best of luck with the power struggles and character assassinations that I am sure will come

and you make it so!

tjnemez
Not right now; I am busy screwing up my site!

Dream Catcher Dezines
Mind Health ...

Catzwolf
  • 2007/6/29 11:57

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

@Alan:

Hiya Alan,

Yes I have made mistakes, I have been out spoken and and yes I did start a fork of Xoops. Guilty as charged. Will I make the same mistakes again? I don't know, if I knew the future I would be making loads of money right.

The fact is this, I have always said how I feel and I am not afraid to say it either. good or bad. I said while Skapla was in charge of XOOPS I could not give myself to it. I did what I believed to be right after Skapla, Mith and Herko turned on Ono and ousted him out of XOOPS in the way they did. Ono is a gentleman and did not deserve that. I stuck to my words and principles, and if that makes me a bad person so be it.

As for forks, christ you think I was the only person here at XOOPS that as done that. You need to ask yourself why the most of the other nations around are releasing their own version of Xoops, it is not out of want but out of need.

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits