chtafz00
XOOPS integration
  • 2007/6/19 17:33

• chtafz00

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/19

Hi everybody!

i have been trying to integrate XOOPS into my existing website. To be exact, i would like to use my own masthead and html page layout. Can anyone tell me the first step of doing it? Which files are to be modified to achieve a XOOPS integration into an existing website?

Any input is very much appreciated. Thanks.

BlueStocking
Re: XOOPS integration

I installed XOOPS in a subdirectory and I use html for the main index page from the root on my site.

I have three XOOPS subdirectorys I use for different purposes.

In naming the XOOPS installed portion of the site I include the subdomain as part of the path.

Of course, I link to them from the main index.html page.
Then it would not be hard to copy your images into the proper theme folders.

Good luck
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

huzhenghui
  • 2007/6/19 19:19

• huzhenghui

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/24

Quote:

chtafz00 wrote:
Hi everybody!

i have been trying to integrate XOOPS into my existing website. To be exact, i would like to use my own masthead and html page layout. Can anyone tell me the first step of doing it? Which files are to be modified to achieve a XOOPS integration into an existing website?

Any input is very much appreciated. Thanks.

After you install XOOPS into a subdirectory. You may edit the theme as your current page layout.
gmail & gtalk: huzhengh (at) gmail (dot) com

showcase17
  • 2007/6/19 20:08

• showcase17

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/6 0

I suppose you can run XOOPS in a frame using your original HTML design. Just edit your Xoops-theme so it matches your HTML-theme
- To Explore and Discover -

BlueStocking

https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

chtafz00
  • 2007/6/20 20:23

• chtafz00

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/19

Can anyone tell me the relationship between all the html and php files in the unzipped htdocs folder? There are so many of them. I have basic knowledge in html but not php. These files are really a big headache for me. And I am not confident in modifying them as I might put them into disorder.

Another thing is, I uploaded the htdocs folder into a server. And I tried to modified the themes.html. But the page doesn't show the images I have added using CSS. The page is correctly displayed in Dreamweaver, but not so after uploading.

huzhenghui
  • 2007/6/30 5:29

• huzhenghui

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/24

Quote:

chtafz00 wrote:
Can anyone tell me the relationship between all the html and php files in the unzipped htdocs folder? There are so many of them. I have basic knowledge in html but not php. These files are really a big headache for me. And I am not confident in modifying them as I might put them into disorder.

Another thing is, I uploaded the htdocs folder into a server. And I tried to modified the themes.html. But the page doesn't show the images I have added using CSS. The page is correctly displayed in Dreamweaver, but not so after uploading.

XOOPS use smarty template technology.
You may study smarty athttp://smarty.php.net/
gmail & gtalk: huzhengh (at) gmail (dot) com

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits