zaphmann
Modules install but hit XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run.
  • 2007/5/30 18:05

• zaphmann

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/22

Having had a similar issue with teh Protector module, which is now in OK, I now find that every other module I install & activate reports a good installation but if I select the module in Administration I get the path check error:

XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run.

I know that this error reports from mainfile PHP (not anywhere else I presume), and I've examined the 'if' statement and I don't know why. Any module does it (except Protector).

I know the modules are in OK (in some sense) as I am able to see them in blocks and the topics box (for example) for News, appears on toppage. I just cannot go and do anything to the module like permissions as I get the above error.

Any ideas??

Thanks.
Zaph

skenow
Re: Modules install but hit XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run.
  • 2007/5/30 20:23

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Time for some more debugging...

If you can get to your administration area, go to System Admin - Preferences - General Settings and set the debug mode to 'Smarty Templates Debug', then save your settings. Go to your main page. You should get a new window (enable pop-ups if you don't) with the smarty debug information. Scroll down the page until you see '{$xoops_rootpath}' and note the value there. It should match what is in your mainfile.php.

Now, go to your admin area again and click on one of the modules you are having difficulty with - when the smarty information comes up, look again for {$xoops_rootpath}. Compare with your first result. If it differs, you probably have a similar situation to your earlier problem - XOOPS_ROOT_PATH is being defined in another location and is causing this problem. If you have a local copy of your site, you can easily search for "define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH'" in all your files and folders. Also, look for additional copies of mainfile.php on your server, especially if you have attempted multiple installs

zaphmann
Re: Modules install but hit... path block
  • 2007/5/30 21:44

• zaphmann

• Just popping in

Hey thanks so much again.
I put it into smarty debug and got the rootpath I expected:
/Volumes/XRAID01/Users/<mysite>/Sites
and it matches the mainfile.php

Going to the modules (I only have a few), I noticed that I can go into the preferences pages for each of them, but no where else, any other selection or a click on the module icon yields:

/Volumes/XRAID01/Users/morethanoil/Sites in a blank page (so no Smarty Debug popup) when I go back into main page the smarty popup gives the same rootpath, but as I don't think it got into the modules that's not suprising.

A search on all the files for another define statement on rootpath didn't give any but the mainfile.php. EXCEPT mainfile.dist.php which looks the same as mainfile.php except the rootpath and virtual path are undefined - the code looks like this:

Quote:
// XOOPS Physical Path
// Physical path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash
// Example: define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/path/to/xoops/directory');
define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '');

// XOOPS Virtual Path (URL)
// Virtual path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash
// Example: define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://url_to_xoops_directory');
define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://');

On my site I do have another mainfile.php under a bogus name and not under my /Sites root so that shouldn't effect anything (it's a fresh install/upload for testing with a different prefix not used yet)

Could mainfile.dist.php be causing the error? It has the same if statement - what's it there for?

... thanks again
Zaph

skenow
Re: Modules install but hit... path block
  • 2007/5/30 22:53

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

the mainfile.dist.php is used during the install and does not affect your current installation.

If you can have your host turn on safe_mode, you can avoid the script check altogether.

zaphmann
STUCK in a Hole!
  • 2007/5/31 3:13

• zaphmann

• Just popping in

Hello Steve,

It may be a bit late for that last suggestion... Thinking that there HAD to be some problem with the minfile.php which I couldn't spot, I renamed it and put a fresh mainfile.php up to see what that would do when I selected a module (I had kept my browser open in Admin-Modules).

It gave this: Quote:
The requested URL /modules/article/admin/install/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Which is quite correct the install/ step in the folder path is not there in the original unzipped module folders, nor on site...

Why was it seeking this? Does XOOPS generate it?

Anyhow, no use, so I renamed the prior mainfile.php back and OOPS!!

Now just a message saying XOOPS root path not defined no back door in either throughhttp://<mysite>/user.php this time.

I guess I really will have to start all over again?

If this is so, I have two questions?
1. I see download options for things like Commercial Pack at Source Forge - Is it OK to start with one of those?
2. There's a SQL db there on site should I have it purged first - or just use a new prefix?

Or IS there a way out of this hole? (I can't get into any admin screen or my site at all.)

Best Zaph

zaphmann
Re: STUCK in a Hole! SOLVED
  • 2007/6/3 3:15

• zaphmann

• Just popping in

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits