joffre
Preventing unwanted posts
  • 2007/5/29 10:38

• joffre

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/12

Hi,

Someone has been posting comments on my site (in the news module section), made up of blurb containing different urls pointing to the same site (or copies of it, at least). I've disabled that user's accounts, but he seems to be operating from several IP addresses. Is there any way I can prevent that user from logging on again or at least posting his crap?

Thanks,

JF

warfaa
Re: Preventing unwanted posts
  • 2007/5/29 12:26

• warfaa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/10

I Think it is defficult unless you approve your comments before publishing which ofcourse takes your time .

hackbrill
  • 2007/5/29 12:48

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/7/14

I had the same problem and the culprit was a registered user from Zimbabwe who I believe registered for the sole purpose of spamming. He used a number of different IP's to accomplish his spamming.

To undermine his efforts, I set "anti-SPAM: URLs for guests" and "anti-SPAM: URLs for normal users" to 3 in Protector preferences. Protector now logs his attempts at spamming and he hasn't left any more gibberish in the comments section of my News module.

I don't know if this will work for you but it certainly worked for me. I'm using Protector 3.0.2.

BDW
  • 2007/5/29 19:01

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

actually there is someone spamming all XOOPS sites at the moment. he signed up to both of my sites and i thought it was strange since he used 2 different email address but it was the same website that the emails originated from and in the profile it was the same website link on both.

I pasted the website address (without the http bit) into google and a whole list of sites came up with his profiles on them. One of them being this website. The Xoops.org team have already spotted his spam and have marked his name with [spammer].

If youve got protector use it, also ban the email addresses of each of the sites he spams you with by using $ after each url in user info settings.

hackbrill
  • 2007/5/29 20:01

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

BDW wrote:

If youve got protector use it, also ban the email addresses of each of the sites he spams you with by using $ after each url in user info settings.

Thanks for the info on banning the email addresses.

joffre
  • 2007/5/30 0:52

• joffre

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/12

This looks like the same guy, as he left a comment like: "Hey, I'm from zimbabwe". He also used two accounts, and referred to a George Bush site (in italian).

Seems he doesn't know what to do with his ten fingers...

Anyways, thanks for the advices, I will try to install this module.

JF

hackbrill
  • 2007/5/30 2:52

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

Specifically,

Username=agt10024 and james10024
Website=//george-walker-bush.info
Email= agt10024@lacanapa.info and james10024@felissilvestriscatus.info

I googled "george-walker-bush.info" and found these two usernames all over the net.

Quote:

joffre wrote:
Seems he doesn't know what to do with his ten fingers...

Funny Stuff!

CiberEspia

I also and had this user in my site and to left many commentaries and it erases the user and now my post in the forum is all to zero.
Post to Zero
Mario Burga
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>Adictoshp.org|Web Blog<<
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Login

Who's Online

212 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 212

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits