mauroapolo
How to set user optional and required fields on XOOPS
  • 2007/5/27 19:48

• mauroapolo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/27

My question perhaps is vey simple, but i can´t find the answer, nor trought the search function on the site, nor trough GOOGLE.

I want to set the field for new users to fill. For example, i want they can put country, and don´t put website for example. And i want the field COUNTRY required.

I am not talking about hack and add new fields. I want to know how to make visible or availlable to new users the existing users fields, and how to make this field required or not.

Very thanx for the info.

regards

mboyden
Re: How to set user optional and required fields on XOOPS
  • 2007/5/27 20:15

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

you need to check out the SmartProfiles module (I'm assuming you're using 2.0.x). This allows for you to do that. It's the SmartFactory version of the profiles module that was added to the 2.2.x fork.

There is a learning curve to it, a couple of errors, and such. However, it does what you need, generally. It also requires PHP5, although you can find a version for PHP4 (and I'm about to release a version for PHP4 (or 5) that is "cloned" (moved?) to the "profile" directory ala 2.2.x so that it is compatible with xosCommerce 0.62) but I found it a little buggy as well. I think there are some other PHP dependencies, but with a little work, you'll make it go.

Otherwise, you need to go into hacking big time. Or hack the Profiles + Photo Hack. Or wait for XOOPS 4 XOOSPHERE (but don't hold your breath). This is one of those long-time things awaiting for XOOPS.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

vaughan
  • 2007/5/27 23:20

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

smartfactory will be releasing smartprofiles PHP4 version soon which will fix reported bugs..

and i wouldn't recommend the photo + profiles hack if you're a beginner + the fact i no longer develop or support the hack anymore since formulize + reg codes & smartprofile came out, but that's not to say I won't help if some1 has it already installed :)

sabahan
  • 2007/5/27 23:46

• sabahan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/3/4 5

i use registration codes...and it works perfectly in mysite

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?formulize

read the manual carefully...im sure it will work for u

mauroapolo
  • 2007/5/28 15:59

• mauroapolo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/27

Thank you Mboyden:

In fact, to use Smartprofiles was mu first option. But wen i installed the SMART OBJETC required for this module, my admin page turns blank and i can´t acces to admin options.

I read this issue happened to other xoopers that install smartobject.

(just in case, i can fix the blank page issue on admin page, re-uploading all the module SYSTEM to the server, and deleting the caché)

So , i am a litle afraid to use SMART PROFILES again... i will gibe a trie to formulize. But just in case: anyone knows how SMART OBJECT cause this issue on admin.php?

Thank to you all for your replies.

Best regards my friends!

:)

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits