offside
Few issues with CBB
  • 2007/5/12 18:34

• offside

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/7

Hello,

I am using XOOPS 2.0.16 and have CBB 3.08 installed but I am having few issues with it.

1- the first issue is the user drop down menu (the one with PM Website etc) it's just not there ! looked at my css and they seem okey.
2- I also noticed that the the pdf and print icons that appears here at the end of each users post do not appear on my website, I have checked the icons are uploaded to my site and they are but just not showing
3- I have registered a fake user so I can test the banning suspension features of cbb, but for the life of me cannot work out how you do suspend/ban a user !!! is it because that the fake user has the same ip as me that i cant ban it ???
I also tried to click on the admin link at the botton all I get is the admin...pending delete view options nothing else.
4- the quote button like the one here on XOOPS is not showing neither !
the framwork and class folder that come with cbb have been uploaded to the site as well....

would really really really appreciate your help on this please .

cheers

Anonymous
Re: Few issues with CBB
  • 2007/5/12 18:45

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
offside wrote:

1- the first issue is the user drop down menu (the one with PM Website etc) it's just not there ! looked at my css and they seem okey.

It's not supposed to be there.

The Forums on here are modified and, I think, are Newbb 2.0.2 anyway

Quote:
offside wrote:

2- I also noticed that the the pdf and print icons that appears here at the end of each users post do not appear on my website, I have checked the icons are uploaded to my site and they are but just not showing

See above.

Quote:
offside wrote:

3- I have registered a fake user so I can test the banning suspension features of cbb, but for the life of me cannot work out how you do suspend/ban a user !!! is it because that the fake user has the same ip as me that i cant ban it ???
I also tried to click on the admin link at the botton all I get is the admin...pending delete view options nothing else.

Same here - sounds like your installation is the same as mine. Where did you hear about a user-ban feature?

Quote:
offside wrote:

4- the quote button like the one here on XOOPS is not showing neither !

As default, the CBB quote button only appears on the Submit form. However, the code is actually there in the files and all it needs to activate it is a minor edit to remove some code that's commented out. I did this on my installation - I'll have a look and see what I did. In the meantime, a search of this site will reveal the answer

Anonymous
  • 2007/5/12 18:48

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
JAVesey wrote:

In the meantime, a search of this site will reveal the answer

Here you go

offside
  • 2007/5/12 18:52

• offside

• Just popping in

Thanks for the quick reply JAVesey really do appreciate it.

Now I understand why my forum is different from this one! ....
I heard about the suspension/banning from the cbb official website..if what you are saying is the case, how do you actually ban the users in CBB 3.08 ??

whats the benefits of having CBB 3.08 ?!!

I am well confused now...

once again thanks for the time and effort people.

Anonymous
  • 2007/5/12 19:06

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
offside wrote:

I heard about the suspension/banning from the cbb official website..if what you are saying is the case, how do you actually ban the users in CBB 3.08 ??

Try making a new user-group which has no posting rights to the Forums, perhaps?

Quote:
offside wrote:whats the benefits of having CBB 3.08 ?!!

Never used earlier versions of CBB/newbb so can't say, but CBB is really v3 of newbb so there must be some advantages. Maybe the Admin side is better?

Btw, some of the queries in your first post can be answered by clicking on the "Transfer" link at the foot of a post

offside
  • 2007/5/12 19:16

• offside

• Just popping in

Thanks man great stuff !

irmtfan
  • 2007/5/13 1:34

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

you can add an icon easily in templates.

Quote:

Here is the detail instruction to suspend a user:
1- go to the forum you want to ban a specific user from post in that forum.(if you want to ban a user in all forums you should do that in the index page)
2- at the bottom of the page click on little "ADMIN" link

3- at the top of the new page click on "Suspention" link

4- in the new page you can write a users ID ( to ban an account) AND/OR an IP ( to ban an IP ADDRESS) also you should write number of days and a reson for banning then click on submit and a topic created that said a specific user has been suspend for X days.

BUT AFTER ALL I HAD AN ISSUE WITH THAT still the ban user could post in that specific forum.
i dont know if this still remains in the current versions or not
Cbb 2.3

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits