Maadman
xoopspoll vote more than once?
  • 2007/5/9 21:20

• Maadman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/17

I've been trying to figure out how to allow people to vote more than once, I've been running into problems with people who live in dorms or whatever using the same network and getting the "already voted" message. I have been looking at the code trying to figure out how to change the time frame for votes.

Anyone have an idea as to how to change it to where you can vote more than 1 time per day?

BroHam
Re: xoopspoll vote more than once?
  • 2007/5/9 22:01

• BroHam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/31

I think I understand you correctly, and the solution shouldn't include changing code, should it? If you just go to the Preferences of the module, you can make it so the same user names cannot vote more than once, but the same IP can, so different users should be able to vote from the same network and/or computers.
Or am I misunderstanding your problem?
I don't know.

Maadman
  • 2007/5/9 22:21

• Maadman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/17

Well the version I have (polls 1.0) does not have that option under preferences, I tried to find a new version but the site is no longer open. What is the latest version and do you know where I can download it? thanks.

BroHam
  • 2007/5/10 0:32

• BroHam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/31

Maadman, I am using v1.1, but I think it was considered a hacked version. It works fine though, and does have the feature you are wanting. It's strange though; I can't find a place where it is available for download! I can't find it anywhere. I'll let you know if I stumble upon it's location.

-EDIT-
Found the place I got the module from. You can see the page HERE. You may not want to bother, however, because the xProjects people closed there module site. They actually make reference to "the demise of Xoops" on their page as a factor.

PM.
I don't know.

Login

Who's Online

108 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 108

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits