hadria
News module - Admin submit/edit problem
  • 2007/4/19 20:39

• hadria

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/19

Hi all,

My problem is that, I updated my forum from newbb 1.00 to 2.02 and after that I was not able to edit the News module articles. When I log in with any kind of permission (registered user or webmaster) then I can not send in any articles too (Blank page). When I try to edit then a white site is coming down with "Edit Article" on the top of it.

But if I send in article as anonymous then everything is fine.

After that, it was possible to send in articles through the menu of the news admin, but now it does not working.

I have already tried lots of thing without any result:

I updated the new modul from 1.44 to 1.53 then back. I downgraded the forum to 1.00 then back to 2.03, recently there is CBB 3.08. At the very beginning after I updated and switched off the forum then the editing was good in the news, but later it was wrong in spite of I switched off again.

I tried to uninstall the forum and news modules, I deleted and installed them. But I got the same things too. I was not able to send and edit.

I switched off the protector module.

Of course I changed the modules after every version changing as it is necessary.

But it is not working.

Now, I can not send in articles from the Post/Edit News of the news admin menu. The ‘New Submissions' shows, the ‘Last 10 Articles’ too, and on the bottom of the side is only that ‘Post New Article’ and after it there is no more opportunities.
If I click on the edition of the existed articles, the a white side comes up with ‘Edit Article’ on the top of it, but nothing else.

The most interesting is that, If I switch on the PHP debug mode, then I would like to execute the mentioned operations, it write out that page not found. As the submit php file will be not physically on the server!

Please help me, because I have no idea!

Software server Apache
PHP version 4.3.9
MySql version 4.1.18-log

Xoops 2.0.16
News 1.53
CBB 3.08
Protector 3.02

jmorris2
Re: News module - Admin submit/edit problem
  • 2007/4/19 23:48

• jmorris2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/17

Do you have any php debug output you can share with us? Warnings are not necessary. You only need to post the Errors.
The lights are on... nobody's home

hadria
  • 2007/4/20 7:35

• hadria

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/19

Firefox:

Php debug / MySQL debug doesn't show any error message. If the phpdebug mode is switched on, the firefox wants to download (!!!) the submit.php file.

IE: The most interesting is that, If I switch on the PHP debug mode, then I would like to execute the mentioned operations, it write out that page not found. As the submit php file will be not physically on the server!

Kissaki
  • 2007/5/4 13:46

• Kissaki

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/16

using XOOPS 2.0.16 and news 1.44 here.

I don't know when but suddenly we were no longer able to edit news.
Yesterday posting news was no longer possible as well.

On my local host (windows) everything works fine (same database and files), but not on the linux system.

Today I tried to fix it myself, I found out that the error when posting an article on modules/news/admin/index.php?op=newarticle was in the last 10 artilcles. When I replaced
" . $eachstory -> uname() . "

with
poster

posting news now works again. Though it will not display the name of the poster of the last 10 articles now, of course.
Btw, it was a blank page before.

The edit news page on modules/news/submit.php?op=edit&storyid=ID is not a blank page but has the soure
<table width='100%' border='0' cellspacing='1' class='outer'><tr><td class="odd"><h4>Edit Article</h4>
I checked that as well and found out the error that causes this is somewhere in the modules\news\include\storyform.inc.php
If I remove this part of code, the page will display ok again (though the actual form for editing will be missing of course).

Any solutions?

Kissaki
  • 2007/5/4 22:58

• Kissaki

• Just popping in

oh my god...
Now that is strange.
Without changing anything (ah, I posted a comment to a news, but that shouldn't change anything) the old problem occurs again.
I uploaded the fixed file again but the modules/news/admin/index.php?op=newarticle pages source is empty.

Any help? Please?

Kissaki
  • 2007/5/5 15:05

• Kissaki

• Just popping in

here's the fix

in the modules/news/include/storyform.inc.php
around line 80

i commented out the following code:

/*if ( $usercount < 300) {        // removed
        $sform->addElement(new XoopsFormSelectUser(_NW_AUTHOR,'author',true, $newsauthor),false);
    } else {
        $sform->addElement(new XoopsFormText(_NW_AUTHOR_ID, 'author', 10, 10, $newsauthor), false);
    }*/

You will no longer be able to change the owner of the news, that will be displayed as author, but that's no problem I think

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits