trina
Formulize module menu help
  • 2007/4/26 4:33

• trina

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/28

Hi! I just installed the newest Formulize (version 2.2). I enjoy this module, but I only had one form up. Today I tried to enter a second form, and am completely unable to get the second form to show up in the menu. Has anyone else had this problem? I searched this forum and another one. I also read through the manual and the code. But I am unable to figure it out.

Thank you for reading and for your help!

jegelstaff
Re: Formulize module menu help

Hello, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

What menu are you referring to? The Form Menu? Or the formulize entry in the Main Menu? Or the admin side of the module where it lists all the forms?

For which account(s) does this problem happen? Your webmaster account? Regular accounts? Both?

What permissions on the form have you given to which groups?

If you can provide a detailed description of the problem, we may be able to give some suggestions.

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

trina
  • 2007/4/30 7:02

• trina

• Just popping in

Hi! The form menu is not showing additional forms.

You can see it here on the left hand side:http://www.gamingangels.com/modules/newbb/

I have a second form called Pokemon Friend Codes that isn't showing anywhere even though it is under the same General Forms category.

It is in position 2 and saved as active.

I am in the webmaster group and when I look at permissions, view_Form and a ton of other permissions are there.

Any ideas? Thank you so much for at least reading about my problem!
Trina

trina
  • 2007/4/30 7:20

• trina

• Just popping in

Okay so now I seem to have the option in the form menu showing .

The current problem is that when you are anonymous, you are unable to get the form in order to make an addition to the database. I am unable to see what the problem is now. I looked at all the permissions and everything seems in order.

Any suggestions?

skenow
  • 2007/4/30 12:41

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Try cloning the form in Formulize admin - see if that helps.

Edit: I see it now

jegelstaff

Hello,

I see the form in your menu now too, when I follow that link. However it appears you have given anonymous users all the permissions. Including add_proxy_entries. I suggest turning at least that permission off, since it causes that "Is this info entered on behalf of someone else?" question to appear at the bottom of the form. And that question is confusing and not relevant to this form.

Good luck with the site,

--Julian

trina
  • 2007/4/30 19:10

• trina

• Just popping in

Thank you all for your help! I'm almost there! I have removed the proxy statement. You're right, that didn't make any sense.

It seems the anonymous user can create an entry but never gets to see the list of results. Is there a permission I'm missing? I think this is the last item that I'm missing in order to get this going.

I'm so excited to get this working. For the Nintendo DS, you get a seperate friend's code for each game. It's very difficult to find a website where codes are all in one place. So I am trying to provide this to draw more people to the site.

*hugs* Thank you all for the help! I'm going to be working hard on this and hopefully I'll figure it out too! But I still need help.

jegelstaff

I have replied in more detail on our dev.xoops.org forums...

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/forum/forum.php?thread_id=3125&forum_id=746

I hope that helps,

--Julian

BlueStocking

Julian...
Do you have any Pageworks pre-made templates available to copy and study?

I want to concentrate on leaning Formulize Page presentation and DokuWiki.

Thanks
BlueStocking
http://upnrunnin.hypermart.net/xoops01
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

jegelstaff

Hi there,

The best thing is to look through the threads on the dev.xoops.org area for formulize. I have given some fairly detailed responses to people's queries, and if you carefully follow some of those threads, the nuances should become clear.

The current development version of Formulize includes some very powerful new admin features that remove the need to custom code most pageworks pages though. You can accomplish 90% of what people use Pageworks for using the admin UI now, which is really cool.

I hope we can get a release out this month with that functionality in it. There are extensive database additions and changes in the current version, and that takes time to write intelligent patches for.

Anyway, the most important things to be familiar with for writing pageworks pages is to know the parameters of the displayForm function, especially the done destination and the button text.

Also, you need to understand how the internalRecordIds function works, or else you won't be able to direct people to specific entries after showing them a list.

Those are the major things. Good luck, post on dev.xoops.org with more questions.

--Julian

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits