deathilic
My site keeps going to blank after a few hours
  • 2007/4/28 16:30

• deathilic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/27

Hello there!

I've got a problem with my XOOPS website. It keeps going on to blank after 2 to 4 hours!
Whenever it goes to blank I have to install XOOPS all over again, even downloading XOOPS again and overwriting all files doesn't work.

It keeps on happening for no clear reason. When I reinstall XOOPS and when I do absolutely nothing with my site, it goes to blank.

I don't know what the solution is, it's been doing this like everytime I reinstall xoops. It only succeeds to go online for a few hours.

And even following the faq about blank pages doesn't work for me.

I would like it very much to see it running normally :)

site info:
The site is hosted by a webhosting company,
I think the os they use is Linux,
The website uses the latest version of php and mysql,
and the XOOPS version is XOOPS 2.0.16

Please help!

skenow
Re: My site keeps going to blank after a few hours
  • 2007/4/29 3:50

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I would add another page to your site - testhost.html, or something like that. Create a simple html page with your site information and some dummy text. When your site 'goes down' try to access that page. If it is working, then follow the FAQs for enabling debug through phpMyAdmin and the database. Find out what is going on. It may be your host.

BlueStocking

I would take it a step futher...
and go to my login page with my browser then do a file save as (complete webpage) to my desktop. Naming it indexbac.html

Then I would upload that to my root directory along with the folder that it made to hold the image files.

If I could not get to the page again, then I would direct access thehttp://yoursiteaddress.com/indexbac.html

Then next time, if I couldn't direct access that then I would know it was the server, if I could I would know it was the XOOPS program.

That would also give me the opportunity to login if need be and check and see what all did not work or what features may work.

Thats what I would do...
BS
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

JCDunnart
  • 2007/4/29 7:18

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

Activate XOOPS debug. When your site 'goes blank' you should get an error message.

You could also check your server error log to see if any errors have already been recorded.

AndyM
  • 2007/4/29 15:28

• AndyM

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/31

Have you checked how much web space you have spare?

This could be a symptom of running out of web space as the template cache fills up over time (I had this on one of my sites...)

deathilic
  • 2007/4/29 15:51

• deathilic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/27

My website hasn't gone to blank yet. Which is strange normally it would always go to blank after just a few hours. Maybe it's fixed but I fear the worst cause one of these days it will probably go to blank. So I haven't tried your solutions yet but did save the index and stuff for if it happens again.
And I did turn the debug mode on and it gives alot off errors on some pages. Mainly variable errors and database errors. It seems that they are minor errors though. but it is pretty strange that it only gives those errors from time to time, is that normal?

So if the blank page happens again i'll post if your solutions worked or not.

And thnx for the help! Hopefully your solutions will work when it happens again

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits