blueteen
Re: My xoops site died. . will pay for help
  • 2007/4/26 6:51

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/16

after some tests, while changing only 3 tables from fresh install (config, configoption, configcategory), your site working too.
with default theme, it's ok.
and no more blank page with xmbluext theme, based on "XOOPS Brasil" theme, right ?

do you have other backups of the week to try to restore these 3 tables ?

blueteen
  • 2007/4/26 7:13

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

by restoring only the table 'config' (from fresh install), your site functions again locally.

do you have a not so old backup of this table ? (before your website's crash), in order to make a comparison between them. (there are too many changes between fresh XOOPS install and your own config table)

blueteen
  • 2007/4/26 8:29

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

ok, try :http://hotdogblog.com
after comparison (between fresh install and yours), i made some changes in your config table.
for unknown reason (to me), `conf_modid` was set to 1 (but it was set to 0 on fresh install).
after some tests on my local install, i change this on your db, and all seems works correctly.
can you confirm this ?

i must also recommend to you, to install protector module, and make your own sql backup (daily) to avoid problems in the future.

for test purpose, i created an admin account for myself.
you can remove it as soon as you want

i make 'blogstyle', as default theme for your website.
for your information, xmt and xmbluext are not fully working.
i removed them from theme block switcher (in case of display of this block)

toddherrold

THANK YOU!!!!

You are amazing. What is the 'conf_modid' for? I wonder how this would get changed on it's own? The xmbluext in there is the original file that I uploaded, but it never worked without modification. I renamed the actual one I used to "xmbluext_current" or something like that while trying to get the site back up. Do you think the xmbluext theme could be part of the problem?

What is a paypal address for you? I want to send you a thank you contribution!

[quote]
after comparison (between fresh install and yours), i made some changes in your config table.
for unknown reason (to me), `conf_modid` was set to 1 (but it was set to 0 on fresh install).quote]

blueteen
  • 2007/4/26 12:20

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

in "config" table, the 'modid key' seems to be linked to 'mid key' in "modules" table.
for example, on your website, liaise has the mid #104
in "config" table, the "mail_charset" is linked to this mid.

I have no idea about the mysterious change of this value (0->1) in your database.
I can't tell you more infos about that, because my "xoops level" is not high (my English grammar too

I don't think that playing with themes can create these problems.
If you really want to change your theme (I like blogstyle), I think you'll do better to create a new one, based on 'morphogenesis' skeleton. (see Kris_fr works/adaptations about this).

I cannot decently accept any contribution.
I never did that before, but Thank You for your offer.

Anonymous
  • 2007/4/26 15:43

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
blueteen wrote:

I cannot decently accept any contribution.
I never did that before, but Thank You for your offer.

Good for you........ but please accept a round of applause from me for your attitude, which is an example to us all

blueteen
  • 2007/4/26 16:15

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

thanks

carpino
  • 2007/4/26 22:28

• carpino

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/20

It's so good to have people like blueteen in the community! i join the applause round!

toddherrold

Yes, a huge round of applause to blueteen and everyone else who offered their assistance in bringing my website back to life! I know a bunch of dachshund lovers all over the world are singing your praises!

This is an example of the power and commitment of the XOOPS community. And, it is sincerely appreciated.

BlueStocking

HotDog,

You might want to go to your site, (with your browser) and do a file save as ... the whole webpage onto your desktop (or other place where you can find the file) use the filename indexbac.html --

Then upload to your directory both the file indexbac.html and the folder where the graphics will be held.

Then IF you have another breakdown, this allows you to get back online in a heart beat.. while you do what is needed to get the index.php back in business.

you rename the indexbac.html to index.html and your customers don't get that dreaded white page when they access your site. (you also get a chance to see what parts of the site are still working ok, and lets you know whether it is the server or the program that is down.

After uploading you can access it byhttp://hotdogblog.com/indexbac.html

Just a BlueStocking extra.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits