rlankford
Koivi Editor Problems
  • 2007/4/23 19:51

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

I am confused and baffled at the moment, so let me apologize in advance if this post just kind of wanders all over the place...

I have the following installed:
- XoopsEditor (version 1.10, I think since it has TinyMCE included).
- XOOPS 2.2 Frameworks (version 1.01 apparently)

First of all, are these the latest versions?

Beyond that, I'm having trouble with the Koivi editor. I use it pretty much everywhere I can. There is one place where it works pretty well. In every other location on the site, the editor exhibits the following weird behavior:

--- Koivi Weird Behaivor ---
To see it, type "hello", then *Enter*, then "there". Finally, click the bulleted list button. If "there" becomes a bullet, then that's great!. If "hello" becomes a bullet with "there" moved over with it -- then that's the 'bad' behavior. Try as I might, I cannot get Koivi to separate paragraphs without switching to HTML mode and manually fixing up the p tags.

Because one module get's it right, I assume that one or the other has a working Koivi, while the other does not (XoopsEditor vs. XOOPS Frameworks).

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, why am I experiencing it?

In your opinion, which is the better solution, the XoopsEditor or the XOOPS Frameworks. I'd love to see a discussion of the merits of the two and why the future direction is supposed to be with regards to this.

As an aside, TinyMCE seems to be very solid and stable. It's only lacking quote/code support (maybe I can add those?).

Help please!

Login

Who's Online

345 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 345

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits