lantzws
Top Links and Text Questions
  • 2007/4/17 1:05

• lantzws

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/17

Hello everyone, I just installed XOOPS the other day and for someone who never made a website before i think im doing ok. I do have a couple questions. There is text on my homepage that says "welcome to my homepage" and I want to customize this. Where in the heck do I do this?!?! I have been looking everywhere and cant find it!! Also, i installed ipboard forum and it works, but at the top of the page where it says forum it wants to link to "newbb" and not the module I installed. How do I go about changing this so it links to the ipboard module? I assume its defaulting to newbb because that is the XOOPS forum module correct? Thanks for all your help!! So far this XOOPS program is awesome!

skenow
Re: Top Links and Text Questions
  • 2007/4/17 1:40

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Welcome to XOOPS!

Could you tell us which theme you are using? Some themes have links coded into them for specific modules.

lantzws
  • 2007/4/17 1:56

• lantzws

• Just popping in

wow, that was a quick reply, thanks skenow. The current theme I am using is fiappleblue.

lantzws
  • 2007/4/19 11:42

• lantzws

• Just popping in

Anyone know how to change the text at the top of the page? I tried looking on the index.php, dont see it. Its probably something simple to change for anyone with any type of experience with XOOPS or making websites, im just so new I have no idea. My website is http://www.lantz.ws if you want to see what im talking about. It says "Welcome to my website" at the top...thats what I want to change. Thanks again all!

skenow
  • 2007/4/19 12:30

• skenow

• Home away from home

Sorry - been a bit busy.

edit {XOOPS_ROOT}/themes/fiappleblue/theme.html, save it, upload it, in Administration Menu/System Admin/Preferences/General Settings - 'Check templates for modifications?' = Yes

lantzws
  • 2007/4/19 18:15

• lantzws

• Just popping in

Thanks skenow, I will try that. I found out there is more of an issue than just that. I cant click on the "more" users at the bottom which should show online users, as well as I cant private messeage either. I probably didnt set up the script correctly. I went to the theme modules downloaded, and placed the theme folder in with my other themes. Does that sound correct? If so, i get the above errors. I know its the theme because my website work perfectly now, and im using the XOOPS default. Do you know of any nice looking themes?

skenow
  • 2007/4/19 18:47

• skenow

• Home away from home

Basics are here

{XOOPS_URL}/themes/fiappleblue would be correct

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits