BlueStocking
Re: The Wave of Change IS Upon Us!

I second that motion.
For a members only forum.

current members only need to ask to be granted privledges to view and comment to that forum category. It could be called members only. Various subtopics could be discussed there, not just contentious arguments.

ANY AND ALL contentious arguments could be immediately moved there then there would be no more... you shut me up.
Let them have their say... Even when they don't know how to be polite but may have a point worth considering.

I like the idea, and think it would add a lot to the sites generally getting things done.

Thanks for the suggestion.
BlueStocking

BTW: do we have any moderators left?
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

web-M
  • 2007/4/19 13:34

• web-M

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 2

Well maybe a for users only forum could be a good option for discussions that could scare off new XOOPS users.

BUT.....

Quote:

ANY AND ALL contentious arguments could be immediately moved there then there would be no more... you shut me up.
Let them have their say... Even when they don't know how to be polite but may have a point worth considering.

I think we should not want to let fall the XOOPSetiquettes overthere. It's my opinion that every discussion has to be with respect for eachother. Otherwise we still lose people(menbers) be the rude and painfull atacks of others that want to hurt them.

jmorris2
  • 2007/4/19 13:40

• jmorris2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/17

Just a suggestion, but it would be good to move any topics that have become heated into this forum as well. It's probably unrealistic to ask already busy people to go through all the forums, but the last month or so shouldn't bee too difficult.
The lights are on... nobody's home

eric235u
  • 2007/4/19 13:40

• eric235u

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/19

hi all. the very best computer email list i belong to allows everybody to post and only stops spammers. it is an excellent free exchange of ideas by free software developers and supporters. free software and free speech go hand in hand. hiding speech and hiding code is not FREEDOM and is not in the free software spirit. free speech will make us stronger. the best ideas will (eventually) win. i strongly vote against any type of hidden or closed door conversations or coding. such practices have no place in my philosophy of free software.

mortuk
  • 2007/4/19 13:56

• mortuk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/13

Iff I understnd - it iz not hiden conversation peeople want Eric - it iz conversation only registered users can see.

That iz a good idea.

eric235u
  • 2007/4/19 13:59

• eric235u

• Not too shy to talk

in my opinion, limiting information is NOT a good idea.

BlueStocking

People not interested in rude will avoid that forum.
It may very well die for lack of interest.

I know I won't be visiting those threads. EVEN THOUGH SOME WILL.

It is like sending the wild child to his room and shuting the door.

AS BlueStocking Opinion.

mortuk
  • 2007/4/19 14:02

• mortuk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/13

dirty laundry belongs in laundret - not in open air.

eric235u
  • 2007/4/19 14:04

• eric235u

• Not too shy to talk

so if somebody posts something that you don't approve of you're going to move the post to a forum only a limited group of people can see? i strongly disagree with that philosophy and think it is against free software and free speech.

BlueStocking

It is not a closed forum... I am thinking of.
IF you WANT to engage in conversation that is disruptive to those who have no desire to be involved then then there should be an area set aside for that purpose. Signing in would keep out the trollers, and allow those who want to banter do it ...

It should be open for all persons to go in but just not a convient drive thru for pot-shots.

I don't normally put people down but I do believe in letting everyone have a voice. Moderators do have a responsibility to keep the front yard clean but in order to do that you have to have a place to stack the junk while you sort through to see what is worth keeping.

IF IT IS NOT WORTH SIGING IN TO SAY, IT ISN'T WORTH MY TIME GOING THROUGH TO KEEP MY XOOPS ON TRACK. -- in other words it isn't worth saying. It is hard to change the channel when every thread is a distraction. (but albiet more fun to watch)

A members only forum would not be front page fodder.

Again,
Just my opinion.

ALSO I would like to add... Moderators should not have names they should be moderator 1 moderator 2 etc., and their function should be to keep the board clean, not as opinion police.

XOOPS curb side appearance should be their main interest.

A BlueStocking opinionated opinion.

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits