trspice
Re: Its a shame, so I resign
  • 2007/4/17 2:22

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/24

This is a terrible thread to run into right after searching for the Xasset module and ran into a notice athttp://xprojects.co.uk./ that states
Quote:
xProjects.co.uk is no longer available due to lack of time for support and the demise of Xoops. RIP xProjects

Is XOOPS really on a 'demise'? No wonder there is so little or no expert support. I guess it became too much too quickly and without financial gain. I was really liking it too. It is indeed a loss and now so much work for me to either figure fixes or search for another CMS.

Hopefully a spinoff group will develop a greater product as Joomla did with Mambo.
There's nothing but science....
The Reggae Album

skenow
  • 2007/4/17 2:26

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

The 'demise'? Way too many posts happening and a lot of activity still going on.

Anybody a Monty Python fan? "It's only a mere flesh wound! I'm not dead, yet!"

trspice
  • 2007/4/17 3:20

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/24

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:
For Zarilia?

http://zarilia.com :)

Zarilla looks promising as it seems they've eliminated that annoying redirect page. Where is it though?

Has the XOOPS team ever met physically? Like a XOOPS convention? That seems to work for Joomla as every so often they get together in a different country. That could boost the moral here.
There's nothing but science....
The Reggae Album

Mamba
  • 2007/4/17 9:25

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
Nobody is irreplaceable. This is Open Source, in spite of what some may think. Members, Developers, Moderators... They all come and go. Those that go are eventually replaced by someone with equal or greater skill and life goes on.

I've watched this for many years here. Even before I registered. I remember when this project was still in the 1.x branch.

Many have come, many have gone, and most of those who have gone have been replaced. All the while, this project has grown and continued to improve.

If Hervet wants to go, let him go. If he wants to return, he may return. Everyone is free to come and go as they please.

James, this is a totally wrong attitude!!!! We're losing way too many good people who leave to other projects. We should act as a good shepherd of this project, i.e. treat each with respect, even if we disagree on issues, and try to work out our differences, so we can move XOOPS forward.

You and I had our share of discussions, but I still respect you and know that you have interests of XOOPS high on your priority list.

I wish, you, Herve, and others, would step back, go for a walk and relax, instead of escalating the issue. And then a week later rethink your decisions.

Can we have a "moratorium" on any further quitting, leaving, stepping down, etc. till end of April??????
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Anonymous
  • 2007/4/17 9:31

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Mamba wrote:

Can we have a "moratorium" on any further quitting, leaving, stepping down, etc. till end of April??????

I note that you didn't say April this year! I vote for no-one leaving until April 2020, but which time I shall be "pushing up the daisies" and won't care too much

If anyone else leaves before that then I'll come back and haunt you

wizanda
  • 2007/4/17 10:19

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

2012? = J day...well according to all text sources

So really with the good shepherd point, and everyone worrying so much about the cares of this earth....the more we worry the energy around us breaks things, not fixes them....we produce electromagnetic currents surround our self’s….were Zan learns web design, remembers how angels interacts…. which is basically a massive super computer bit like the matrix film, yet that is childish in comparison, as in single squiggles? That is a single quantum, we are 13 dimensional beings just most choose to look through 6th = matter and then assume they know how people feel = (7th anti-matter).
So Good karma = good atmosphere, it is noticeable when people are upset even in wording.

So sending good vibes to you all my self, yet keep feeling aggravation in channels, let it go relax, as gestroud posted have a spliff, yet that is my words…Christ = anointed one = anointing oil contains cannabis = so legally it is religious infringement to not allow it = Christians - cannabis annointing oil users .
Rather then go off and get a bottle or two and then try typing, where you cant see the screen properly and get more angry at each other.

rabideau
  • 2007/4/17 11:46

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

For those interested in working with a community of refugees who still believe in the "essence of the old and true XOOPS" I would encourage you to spend some time with us onhttp://helpxoops.info. We welcome all current and former XOOPS players of good will who wish to work together. We support and encourage and offer help to all derivatives of the XOOPS family and modules.

So much for my cheap and blatant advertisement...

Yes the leavings are sad... but they are also beginnings. As a native American saying states: "Today is the first day of the rest of your life."

Rejoice in those things you can do to help each other. The world is bigger than XOOPS. Those who wish to work in a common direction can whether directly or indirectly.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

Mamba
  • 2007/4/17 13:16

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

rabideau wrote:
For those interested in working with a community of refugees who still believe in the "essence of the old and true XOOPS" I would encourage you to spend some time with us onhttp://helpxoops.info. We welcome all current and former XOOPS players of good will who wish to work together. We support and encourage and offer help to all derivatives of the XOOPS family and modules.

So much for my cheap and blatant advertisement...

Yes, it was "cheap and blatant", and totally out of place here.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Anonymous
  • 2007/4/17 13:26

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Mamba wrote:

Yes, it was "cheap and blatant", and totally out of place here.

Yeah - we only do either "expensive and blatant" or "cheap and subtle"

As only of my colleagues says:
"When you're going through Hell, keep going!"

davidl2
  • 2007/4/17 13:59

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Perhaps a nice subtle sig would be a better idea?

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits