tmreg
re-themed my site
  • 2007/4/17 4:39

• tmreg

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/20

Please let me know what you think. Just an attempt at another look for my test site. When I get happy with it, I plan on doing something similar for another site.

Thanks in advance.

http://xoops.mattregister.com
-Matt

msdana
Re: re-themed my site
  • 2007/4/17 5:33

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Nice start. Your use of Bittbox images is to be commended, I frequently follow his designs myself.

IMO, the background is way to harsh and made my eyes cross.

The color scheme is not one that I would use, too many bright contrasting colors -- gray header/footer, green diagonal background, bright purple menu button, and a reflective red background image for your TD style. And there is no clear indication of hyperlinks in the content. I had to hover over a sentence to know it was a link.... Also, the left column titles were lost with the column text.

The layout itself is clean, a nice start!

Looking forward to the end result, good luck!
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Buggy
  • 2007/4/17 5:34

• Buggy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/2 1

The kubrick theme looks best for me. Clear and interesting effects! Right on!

tmreg
  • 2007/4/17 5:57

• tmreg

• Not too shy to talk

All easy enough to fix.

- I toned down the background...way down.
- The Red bg image for my td style was left over from the last time I used that theme. thanks for catching it.
- changed the link and hover colors.
- I need to work on the blocks offered with the wordpress module right out of the box. The sidebar block id from there.
- I like the bittbox graphics too. I will end up modifying them. that is what I was afraid of, everybody would recognize it.

Guys thanks for the feedback. I have some time to tweak this before I have to use it. The colors I am stuck with, at least for this one.

Buggy- the kubrick themes are a great starting point for whatever you want to do. I almost always start with them.
-Matt

msdana
  • 2007/4/17 6:02

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Nice work

May I suggest ColourLovers to help with your existing color scheme? I use them alot to help with color coordinating Sometimes I can be colorblind to different colors...let's live a little and spice things up with ColourLovers!!! LOL
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

tmreg
  • 2007/4/17 6:12

• tmreg

• Not too shy to talk

msdana,

I really appreciate your help. I think I am alot closer than I was a couple of hours ago. I will use the color resource.
-Matt

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits