davidl2
Re: XOOPS backend makeover
  • 2007/4/14 17:53

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I am guessing that the only reason that something like this hasn't been included officially - goes back to what Bender said in another post... that currently very large elements of the XOOPS code is being re-written for future versions.

However, I do seem to recall being told that future XOOPS versions will be improved dramatically in the backend - allowing not just theming, but also flexibility in the control as well.

(But yes - I remember that other improved back-end now! It's a very good piece of work indeed!)

tmreg
  • 2007/4/14 18:17

• tmreg

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/20

I have the hack available for download on my sitehttp://xoops.mattregister.com in the downloads section. Hope it helps.

I have no idea if anyone wants this available for download, how to tell the community about it (unless they read this post) or if it will go into the bowels of the unfindable on this site. It is there if anyone wants it. If anyone wants more, just ask.
-Matt

Bender
  • 2007/4/14 19:40

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Matt i am sure there will be people who want to use this

I just modified your file slightly and if you are interested i can send it to you (pm me an adress if so)

This is what i came up with:

Quote:
- added license file (since its still gpl)
- modified filename (also you might want to add a version number to the filename and readme in case you might update this in the future)
- removed stupid hidden windows file thumbs.db (i hate microsoft for dumping them all around the place)
- added docs folder with diff files (created with csdiff) so people can have a quick look what is modified
- added comments about the hack into the files

Also i suggest editing the link into your first post in this thread.

Finally i am moving this thread into the hacks forum now.

Very nice testsite of yours by the way.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

tmreg
  • 2007/4/14 21:09

• tmreg

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/20

No problem. The download is updated with benders changes. Hope it helps.
-Matt

Login

Who's Online

256 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 256

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits