trspice
Un-ending problems with tinyEditor
  • 2007/4/12 23:21

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/24

I was finally able to get TinyEditor to use as the admin blocks editor but there are just so many errors I can't seem to get around and it is driving me nuts.

- I use the Insert embed media tool to place a .wmv on the page and it works but it won't allow to set autostart to 0 or false. I uncheck the autostart box but when I click update the editor just removes it. Likewise if I manually add the command line via the HTML source, when I click update it is stripped. So everytime the page loads the videa plays. I had to just remove it.

I disabled the media embed tool from toolsets and tried adding the embed code via the source and it is completely stripped.

- Any javascript I add it is stripped so I can't add my google adsense to a block unless I swithch to the DHTML editor which requires overwriting class/xoopsform/formdhtmltextarea.php with the original

- It strips image maps

- It has an anchor tool but when I try to link to the anchor within the page by placing #link it adds the entire path to the admin folder so it goes nowhere.

- Adding new content always add a

tag even with the preferences for force

tag is set to no.

- The HTML source is total chaos. To edit a block's HTML I have to copy and paste it in Frontpage then use the reformat tool to organize it neatly.

Otherwise it is a great software.

Has anyone found solutions to all or some of these bugs? More than anything I would really like to fix the problem of stripping scripts.

There's nothing but science....
The Reggae Album

trspice
Re: Un-ending problems with tinyEditor
  • 2007/5/20 23:21

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/24

I am at the point where I change my views about TinyEditor to now listing it among the dumbest programs written!

It is not yet ready to be classified as a HTML editor for the general public. It needs to remain among developers since they will know how to edit it's core to work properly.

- Add a video clip to a page and the editor makes it autoplay. I manually set and as I hit update it is stripped.

- Javascript which is so popular cannot be excuted. The silly editor only recognizes the tags but strips the code in between. To make javascript work you have to create a .js file then place the tags to call the script. So if you have multiple excutions of the same 3 lines of code you have to create many .js files.

- Divs are recreated each time you press the enter button. You want just one Div to add content but you end up with a hundred if you keep making paragraphs.

- Each time you add a new block the crazy editor adds a

tag even with the Force

tags disabled. So it becames an effor to go to source and scan through the now single line code to find the closing tag. It does not know how to present formatted code.

This program has great features but if they don't work then it is not yet ready for public use. I bet there are so many more problems which I just have not yet experienced. Unfortunately I am stuck with it because I still can't get the superior FCKEditor to work as the admin editor and the DHTML editor is just outdated.

Does anyone use FCKeditor? If so, how do I set it up as the Blocks editor? I've added xoopseditor 1.10 and followed all the instructions but I still see only the DHTML editor.

There's nothing but science....
The Reggae Album

Login

Who's Online

462 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 462

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits