day3web
admin login funky loop error
  • 2007/4/12 10:52

• day3web

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/12

Hi Xoops. I'm brand spanking new at this, so bear with me. When I was in General Settings and click on OK, I got an error at the top of the page saying "failed open file". Now after logging out and logging back in, I get the following:

"This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed." But when I do click Submit it says "Logging You In" and then loops me right back to the same First Time message!

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? The site is at http://www.crappylife.com

Thanks,
Mike

skenow
Re: admin login funky loop error
  • 2007/4/12 13:14

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

This post will point you in the right direction.

day3web
  • 2007/4/12 18:52

• day3web

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/12

Thanks, that fixed it!

qTRUq
  • 2007/4/26 12:19

• qTRUq

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/26

sorry to say that it didnt fix my looping problem. Im using the latest MySQL version with php5 installed. Windows XP Home SP2, with Abyss webserver.

I been up all night trying everything and searching everwhere, the problem just dont go away. I even tried going to it manually by going to this link... http://your_web_site/xoops/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences.

When i go there it works, but when i try to save the changes i make it tells me that the database was updated successfully when it actually wasn't. none of the changes i made was saved. all files has write permission. I try to edit my profile and get "ERROR" with "none" below it.

I seen that for most people it was a firewall problem but im to the point where i turned off my firewall and even unloaded my virus scanner to see if that was the problem and still no luck. please help

Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

516 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 516

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits