lolpant
Downloads Modules
  • 2007/3/19 12:24

• lolpant

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/19

It would seem that no matter which Downloads module I use (I have tried every single one), none will allow me to create new categories or add downloads. Every other module I have installed works correctly. After browsing through all forum posts based on downloads I have still not found a solution.

Setup : XOOPS 2.0.16

MySQL 5.0.25

PHP 5

SIGH !

lolpant
Re: Downloads Modules
  • 2007/3/19 13:34

• lolpant

• Just popping in

Awesome, I had a prior version but this one at least i can add categories, however basic things like removing the "downloads" logo or changing the text in the "WP-Downloads" section are still giving me hassles.

I always have the default logo and

<div><b>Welcome to the WF Download Section.</b></div>

A bug or a feature ? ;P

davidl2
  • 2007/3/19 13:40

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Yes, you should easily be able to change this page - on the latest version (WF-Downloads version 3.1) -- simply visit "Index page management"

lolpant
  • 2007/3/19 13:49

• lolpant

• Just popping in

This is my point,
I go to index page management, and choose the settings I desire,click save, I get a comforting message saying the updates were successful.

However when I go back to the WF-Downloads section none of the changes were made(Even after using Refresh and logging out and back in again).

Bender
  • 2007/3/19 16:59

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Switch on debugging - any problems on php or database querries reported?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

vaughan
  • 2007/3/19 17:20

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

there are possibly issues that are related to using PHP 5.0.x versions, not through bugs in the modules etc, but because of bugs in the actual PHP versions themselves.

php.net recommends to not use older versions of PHP 5.

i have had to debug a few times for some users when they were using php 5.0.4 etc, the changes to the code are minor at worst, but still, you will encounter problems because of those bugs in the older PHP 5 versions prior to 5.2

lolpant
  • 2007/3/20 6:21

• lolpant

• Just popping in

When i turned on debugging I got no "Errors" but this one query failed to execute when changing the Downloads banner to "No Image"

update xoops_wfdownloads_indexpage set indexheading='WF-Downloads', indexheader='<div><b>Welcome to the WF Download Section.</b></div>', indexfooter='WF-Downloads', indeximage='', indexheaderalign='left ', indexfooteralign='left', nohtml='', nosmiley='', noxcodes='', noimages='', nobreak='1'
Error number: 1366
Error message: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'nohtml' at row 1

what should the value of nohtml be ?

vaughan
  • 2007/3/20 10:57

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

nohtml, nosmiley, noxcodes & noimages should all have a value of either '1' or '0'.

1 = disabled, 0 = enabled.

i'll look into that problem, but it seems to work fine on the sites i've used it with.

in the meantime you could enter it manually via phpmyadmin or alternatively, PM me your email address and i'll send you the indexpage file from the unreleased 3.2 version, which may solve that issue.

lolpant
  • 2007/3/20 12:03

• lolpant

• Just popping in

Yeah it would seem that when you un-tick those items instead of setting the values to 0, they are set to ''.

Having them ticked seems to work fine,however I still think this is a bug that the development team should look into.

Thanks for the help

sohrab
  • 2007/4/5 17:50

• sohrab

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/17

Tried many cms, but found out XOOPS is the best..installed it with all the suitable modules. just love XOOPS stuff...only problem is lot less module support and info.

It's time for me to contribute something to the XOOPS community.

I had similer problems, with most of the download modules.

Disable gzip compression in the XOOPS core i.e. in the systems module...i..e systems > general pref.> gzip "no"

But this really slows down if your host do not turn on gzip/zlib, to find out one can use the phpinfo() function..better yet, install XOOPS stat, and it will tell you in a nice format! if you got gzip turned on in php..

If not just add this line to your .htaccess file in the root folder of your site,

php_flag zlib.output_compression on

this is actually lot faster then XOOPS gzip..at least at my site ...http://www.itslbd.com/

Hope this helps...

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits