tempel33
xoops site work perfectly with debug on, not so well with debug off?
  • 2007/3/1 14:14

• tempel33

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/5

I recently had some problems with my XOOPS site (2.0.16). After some database trouble this is what is happening:
-I cannot use custom session any more. If I try to set the custom session on, then on login I receive the successful message, however I am redirected to the front page as if I am not logged in;
-I seem to be unable to download files through modules like wfdownload and backup. Instead of being offered to select a location for the file to be saved, the file is "displayed" in the web browser (a mess of weird characters).

To my surprise, when I turn the debug on in preferences to find out what is happening, everything works fine and I get only the customary 'Notice: only variable references should be returned.....'

Can anyone explain this mystery? I would appreciate any suggestion. Thanks for your attention.

carlos1426
Re: xoops site work perfectly with debug on, not so well with debug off?
  • 2007/3/29 17:35

• carlos1426

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/18

Hi.

I have the same problem and it making me fool.

I'd detected that the issue is solved if you set the "starpage" to "nothing".

If you can't access to admin's page, you can change the DB: table ->xoops_config, look for the reg with "starpage" in field <conf_name> and change the field <conf_value> to "--" (without "").

I think that the problem is due to the module I used as star page, but I don't know why.

If I discover something more, I'll post here.

Regards.

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits