learning2
Extra Folder - Upload this & what can be done with it?
  • 2007/3/22 14:13

• learning2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/22

I see there is an 'extra' folder and there is mention of it in the 'installation guide' as cut and pasted below. BUT, what does one do with this? Should other modules have 'their extras' loaded into this file as well?

Quote:
extras, where you have an option to display your login form in a pop up, as well as another version of the x2t theme. Why this second version? Because here it includes the whole template set, not just the theme files. It even includes a few extra goodies, such as a template to display your news in a two column format;

claydoh
Re: Extra Folder - Upload this & what can be done with it?
  • 2007/3/22 15:32

• claydoh

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/6 0

it looks like you have version 2.2.x (a somewhat deprecated release), the current stable version (2.0.16) does not have these files (it has a different file as specified release notes in the archive)

the login popup option (as I see from opening the script file) specifies that it is for logins using ssl, so unless you have that, you can't really use it. Anything in the 'extras' folder would need to be uploaded to wherever it should go. For example, the login.php script says this:
Quote:
This script displays a login screen in a popupbox when SSL is enabled in the preferences. You should use this script only when your server supports SSL. Place this file under your SSL directory

If a module contains and 'extras' folder inside it, most likely it should stay right where it is (inside the module's folder) but definitely read its documantation to make sure.

As for the theme files, it may be good for experimentation and testing, but you can format your news into 2 or more columns using the latest news module without any mods I believe.

So imo, if you really wish to use XOOPS 2.2.x, I would ignore the extras folder altogether

learning2
Re: Extra Folder - Upload this & what can be done with it?
  • 2007/3/22 16:27

• learning2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/22

It seems I do have XOOPS 2.0.16. Thanks for your reply. I am very new to this.

thanks!

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits