wizanda
Can someone explain how to add to development in points please?
  • 2007/3/21 11:26

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Right now I have updates for so many part of XOOPS and am so unsure on full process.
Though normally quick to figure anything out sourceforge systems baffle me, though this is improving.
So have tortoise svn, have tortoise cvs, yet need a space to do this development, keep thinking….. do I make my own project, yet then it is XOOPS systems; just spaces removed, speeded up etc.
So a full list on how to, would be nice if any one can for XOOPS and make it simplified as after 3 years now, sort of still baffles me.
Also if needed access for cvs? can someone arrange this please....

Bender
Re: Can someone explain how to add to development in points please?
  • 2007/3/21 16:19

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Generally spoken you would need to submit any fixes as a patch to the according tracker on sf.net.

Now talking about your changes regarding spaces, speed improvements and database modifications (indexes ...) that would affect a lot of files so would be a large patch probably seperated into smaller pieces.

However i am not sure which version you are talking about (i think it was 2.2.x branch right?) there is still the current status of

Quote:
Please note that XOOPS 2.0.16 and XOOPS 2.2.5 (which is expected in a few days) will be the last planned 2.0 / 2.2 releases and that development will be focused on the current re-architecture from now on. Source

So i have no clue if and how it does fit in at this point in time. 2.0.16 is basicly final and done according to the prior quote and 2.2.5 is currently at rc2 which is also a state in which only major screwups would be fixed. Aftwards its also on hold.

So really i don´t know and you would need an answer from core development on this.

As for cvs/svn access: You can check out both with any account however write access is to be honest unlikely to get because its currently limited to a number of persons i could count on one hand.

I have not really seen any comments from a core dev about your modifications that you proposed and demonstrated in the forums ... so no idea about how these are percieved there.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

326 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 326

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits