CBF_Billy
Multi-Resolution Question...
  • 2007/3/16 13:02

• CBF_Billy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/27

Hey I design my website based on my own resolution of 1920 x 1200 and it has become a problem for my users due to the fact that some use low resolutions like 1024 x 768. An example would be looking at my header of coldblueflame.com ... Most people can't even see half of it.

So my question is... How would I make this compatible with all resolutions? Basically I want it so the header goes all the way across the page on all resolutions or at least most resolutions to solve this.

I'm not completely sure if there's a way to do this but I think I've heard of it before so that's why I'm asking.

If possible what's the code and where would I put it in Xoops?

Thanks.

rabideau
Re: Multi-Resolution Question...
  • 2007/3/16 13:32

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

You should use table-less wireframe/ liquid css for your themes. If you want to download one with a tutorial on how to use it go to:

http://helpxoops.info/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=11

Download the HelpXOOPS theme.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

skenow
  • 2007/3/16 18:12

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

The theme seems OK - it is your graphic that extends beyond the edge of the screen at lower resolutions (the right column does show, so the theme is adjusting)

The direct approach would be to
1) shrink your image, or
2) split it into 2 or more slices that can slide and adjust for different screen widths

A less direct (more difficult and the resulting image quality will go down) approach would be to scale your image based on the screen width

CBF_Billy
  • 2007/3/18 13:55

• CBF_Billy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/27

Hey. Thanks for the replies but the HelpXOOPS theme didn't fix it.

As for the second reply... I know how to do slices but I have no idea how you make them ... slide?

And finally, making the image smaller is my last option. I don't want to ruin the quality on my own resolution, but then again the majority seems to use 1024 x 768 or around that.

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits