RussellF
Empty Modules??
  • 2007/3/15 22:35

• RussellF

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/15

Hey all! Hows things?

I'm currently working on a project to be used in a XOOPS system and pleased to say that I'm getting along pretty well with it so far!

For a large part of it however, I will have to make my own modules. I've been studying various different articles etc. but found this one Module Building one of better so far.
(Please, tell me already if there is better material out there! Like I say, XOOPS is rather new concept to me so all advice is appreciated!!)

It mentions in the PDF file about an empty module that can be found in the document. Problem is, I can't find it! Could you please suggest where to find this or another one atall?

Thanks loads!

Russ

JMorris
Re: Empty Modules??
  • 2007/3/15 23:24

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Welcome to XOOPS, RussellF!

PageWrap is the simplest form of an "Empty Module". It gives you a basic PHP page where you can define whatever code you want and the basic definitions needed for module installation.

Another good tool is XBS Modgen. This tool gives you the framework to build more complex modules with.

HTH.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

RussellF
  • 2007/3/16 8:26

• RussellF

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/15

Brilliant! Thanks James That's cut on down plenty of the typing for me now!

BlueStocking

I use the IE6 Browser and when I went to the mywebsource singlefile page you provided it didn't look finished. I realize now this was not the way you intended the page to look, it is the browser I am using.

It is a fact MOST PEOPLE DO USE THE IE6, I only have to look at my stats to know that.

This is a FYI post.
I know if I WANT to see the site as you designed, I can change browsers. I probably won't because I find the ftp ability with IE6 of more value in my own site construction than eye candy on other sites.

Microsoft is here to stay, not a good idea to write those browsers off IMHO.

Just a BS thought...

BTW: I forgot, I went there to find 'pagewrap'....
I shall return there and look again.
much futher down the page ... where I didn't get before.

....It takes THREE page downs to get to the visible text that I completely missed on the first TWO tries to find the relevent PageWrap text.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

JMorris
  • 2007/3/16 16:53

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

BlueStocking,

Thanks for pointing that out! I've fixed the issue and verified it to work with both Firefox 2 and IE6.

If you don't see any change, clear your browser cache so the new stylesheet will load.

Thanks again!

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

BlueStocking

VERY GOOD JAMES,
I didn't even have to clear the cache.

This site is a very interesting learning experience. I'm not following you around, it is just that you have so.... much to offer and are so willing to share and I have so much to learn.

Thanks for everything....

BS
Hardhunting.com

JMorris
  • 2007/3/16 17:19

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Hehe, no problem. We're all here to help each other!

fooups
  • 2007/3/16 17:32

• fooups

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/12

Hello,

You can find an empty module here. Just search for "Module vierge" on that page.

Bye

BlueStocking

HI TheCat!
I don't speak French....

so....

using Google Translate to English

Interesting....
Thanks

BS

fooups
  • 2007/3/16 17:57

• fooups

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/12

I'm sorry to confused you, but I'm Fooups, not Thecat

I remerbered that many people don't speak french on those forums, so I gave the words "Module vierge" for you to grap the good resource to download.

"Module vierge" means "empty module", but Google unproperly translated it by "module virgin".

Bye

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits