Saganxis
Cakephp and Xoops????
  • 2007/3/15 14:27

• Saganxis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/20

Has anybody knows if there is a way to implements cakepkp with Xoops????

Saganxis
Re: Cakephp and Xoops????
  • 2007/3/15 15:48

• Saganxis

• Just popping in

I 've searched the web and sow that cakephp was implemented on Drupal and Joomla. Here is an exmaple on how to use cake with Joomla.
I think cakephp is a very powerfull framework and i like XOOPS very much but... i need to do something using XOOPS and i'd like to use some features form cake.

JulioNC
  • 2007/3/15 17:17

• JulioNC

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/8

I don't believe it but we can do it.

In spanish:
Si bien no conozco a fondo CakePHP creo que sería muy fácil acoplarlo, el problema surgirá en la autentificación / manejo de sesiones entre XOOPS y CakePHP. Has intentado integrarlo?
Otra cosa (q no escrito en ingles) es el rendimiento y su uso con XOOPS, el sitio creceria tanto en tamaño como en complejidad de programación.

No crees que seria mas factible portar ciertas caracteristicas o clases a XOOPS y extender por ejemplo XOOPS Framework de phppp. (Tildes omitidas)

davidl2
  • 2007/3/15 17:19

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Although I do not know thorough CakePHP I believe that it would be very easy to connect it, the problem will arise in the authentication/handling from sessions between XOOPS and CakePHP. You have tried to integrate it? Another thing (q nonwritten in ingles) is the yield and its use with XOOPS, the site creceria as much in size as in programming complexity. You do not think that serious but feasible to carry certain characteristics or classes to XOOPS and to extend for example XOOPS Framework of phppp. (omitted Tildes)

?

davidl2
  • 2007/3/15 17:20

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

It does look interesting.

Could this work like Smarty, as code element that XOOPS could "plug into"?

Saganxis
  • 2007/3/15 21:28

• Saganxis

• Just popping in

Thanks for replaying. There is an option to disable the CakePHP Session in the core.php file. The only thing i want is try to integrate it into xoops. At the begining it could be a little messy but maybe is that way that we can start. For example in this article tells how to improve the integration into joomla. I know that now there is a release of a component that can be intalled into joomla. They can integratecake into joomla not joomla into cake. That what i want.

So the point is that we can use cake and XOOPS together but following step-by-step.

To the davidl2's question: Yes there is a way to implement smatry into cake.

This framework offers a lot of costumization...but XOOPS too, that why i like it!!!

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits