mustanglex
Renaming Module Name For "Main Menu" Help
  • 2007/3/12 1:46

• mustanglex

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/12

Hi Everyone. I totally love XOOPS and I just came out of hell from Typo3 and Joomla. Thank god for a great product like Xoops.

I installed WS-Links Module. It setup fine. The only thing is I want to rename everything from Links to Joint Ventures. I edited the Blocks and All The Language files and everything is changed to "Joint Ventures" except for the Main Menu title. It's still listed as WS-Links. Where in XOOPS do I edit or which file do I need to modify to change the "Main Menu" button title to "Joint Venture"

Thank You so much!!!

skenow
Re: Renaming Module Name For "Main Menu" Help
  • 2007/3/12 2:01

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

In your Administration Menu -> System Admin -> Modules (same place you installed your module) In the list of installed modules you can edit the name that appears in the Main Menu.

mustanglex
  • 2007/3/15 13:13

• mustanglex

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/12

Thank You for your reply. I tried to rename and it seems to work but I get a "Failed to execute xoops_module_update_wflinks" error at the bottom and when I go back I see the change wasn't made. Also the same thing happens when I try to unactivate it. I did edit the language files. Would that make the problem happen?

**UPDATE** IT WORKS!

Thank You for your help. What I did was upload the original language files and successfully un-installed the module. Then i reinstalled it. Funny thing it somehow reinstalled it as the new title "Joint Ventures" then I edited the main index file and uploaded the modified language files and Voila! its completely renamed from WF-LINKS to Joint Ventures.

I understand the folder is still wflinks but that doesn't matter.

WooHoo Thanks again. I totally love XOOPS!

Anonymous
  • 2007/3/15 13:21

• Anonymous

• Since:

Is the file adminmenu.php in the website_root/cache directory "writable"?

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits