Peekay
New regulations for UK websites ( a reminder)
  • 2007/3/12 20:19

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

If you are website designer in the UK, this is the kind of thing that your client will undoubtably blame you for

Quote:
New regulations have come into force as of 01 January 2007 where additional information must be shown on your website and emails as well as printed stationery and other printed materials.

This only applies if you are a Private or Public Limited Company and a Limited Liability Partnership.

The First Company Law Amendment Directive asks that all Limited businesses who have a website and uses emails, show the following additional pieces of information:

* Place of registration
* Company registration number
* Registered office address

Apparently fines are applicable for non-complience. This I can well believe from an organisation that does nothing except, well... publish a list and issue fines.

Further information about the new directive can be found at:

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/promotional/busStationery.shtml
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

vaughan
Re: New regulations for UK websites ( a reminder)
  • 2007/3/12 20:36

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

sounds about right.

probably cost us tax payers millions of pounds to for them to come up with this un-necessary law.

i mean, it's not like you can't find that information yourself without them having to display it on their sites/emails too. next thing they'll be issuing fines for websites that don't display the webmasters personal home address, phone number & NI number. lol

people are getting way too lazy and expect everything to be provided for them without them having to lift a finger. does it warrant a fine? hell no, they should fine the people who petitioned to have this stupid law made in the 1st place.

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits