konadu
how do i Clone AMS 2.41
  • 2007/2/21 17:51

• konadu

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/27

Please can any one give me guide lines on how to clone AMS 2.41 module.

What file i need to rename and what process to do it.

Thanks allot in advance

jfmoore
Re: how do i Clone AMS 2.41
  • 2007/3/2 21:54

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

First of all, AMS is, I believe, no longer being developed, so, if it were me, I would be hesitant about getting any significant amount of content into it. That, for me anyway, would leave News and Smartsection, and, if easy cloning is important, then the clear choice is Smartsection.

I'm sure you have your reasons as to why you are not using Smartsection, but it may be time to re-think them.

JFM

konadu
  • 2007/3/8 3:05

• konadu

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/27

does smart section have a great spotlighting feature like AMS?

jfmoore
  • 2007/3/8 14:45

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

SS does have a Spotlight block. As I recall, though, the AMS one is pretty special, and I doubt it will be that nice. Should suffice, though. I suggest you install SS, load a few articles, and test it out.

But, even if the Spotlight feature isn't as nice, the vigorous ongoing development, easy clonability, etc., are, IMHO, more important, but check it out and decide for yourself.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a script to import AMS articles into SS floating around somewhere--perhaps at the SmartFactory--but I don't know for sure.

Here's a link to the SS 2.13 Final announcement at the SmartFactory. Check out the features and then take a look at the Spotlight block on the home page:
SmartSection 2.13 Final announcement

Jere

Edit:
Looking at the SS admin page, there is an "Import" button. I clicked on it with this result:
Quote:

Import Articles
You can import articles directly in SmartSection. Simply select from which module you would like to import the articles and click on the 'Import' button.
Run this operation only once, otherwise, the articles will be dupplicated.

As no other supported article module are installed on this site, no article can be imported.

I do not have AMS installed, so I can't say if it is supported, but you can find out when/if you install SS for yourself.

Login

Who's Online

114 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 114

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits