ghettonet
Site5
  • 2007/2/25 22:53

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/4

Has anyone used site5 (http://www.site5.com) for hosting? I haven't been able to find much. We're also looking at dreamhost - they look good but a little expensive. Thanks

JMorris
Re: Site5
  • 2007/2/26 0:55

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I used Site5 for a few months. Here's my impressions based on a 10 point scale...

Security: 5/10
Stability: 9/10
Features: 10/10
Support: 8/10
Uptime: 9/10
Value: 6/10

Detailed Description:
I was with Site5 for a few months (less than 6). I had moved my clients over to a reseller account on their service. I chose their service because their price was reasonable and they had received a good rating at the WHT Forums.

After a few months of good service, the server my clients were hosted on got hacked. It was a total loss. I should say that part of this was my fault because, at the time, I was not performing weekly backups. I now perform such backups. Also, I should say that Site5 has improved their security somewhat, but not quite up to par with what I prefer. When I left Site5, they were quite courteous and did everything within reason to make my migration simple.

For hosting that requires Ruby support, or for entry-level Reseller packages, Site5 would be in my top 3. Overall, they are a good host with good features and very good support. However, for low to medium traffic sites, that don't need Ruby or Reseller features, I would recommend 1and1.com. Their uptime, features, and value are much better; however their support is lacking.

For my needs (dedicated features at a low price), I've transitioned to a VPS account with Futurehosting.biz. Their support is exceptional and their packages are quite reasonable.

HTH.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits