Wonderfish1
Installation or upgrade problem - 2.0 to 2.2

Guys,

I was running 2.0.1.6 (which gave no trouble) and decided to upgrade to 2.2.5-rc2.

I cleared all of the files, killed the old database, built a new db, uploaded the new files, went thru the install process, connected to the new database....

The homepage is now giving me this.

Quote:
Warning [PHP]: fetch(/home/wonder/public_html/templates_c/%%F6^F69^F692B736%%db%3Asystem_redirect.html.php) [function.fetch]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1255
Warning [PHP]: fetch(/home/wonder/public_html/templates_c/%%F6^F69^F692B736%%db%3Asystem_redirect.html.php) [function.fetch]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1255
Warning [PHP]: fetch() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/wonder/public_html/templates_c/%%F6^F69^F692B736%%db%3Asystem_redirect.html.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1255
Warning [PHP]: fetch(/home/wonder/public_html/templates_c/%%B1^B16^B16AEDA8%%theme.html.php) [function.fetch]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1248
Warning [PHP]: fetch(/home/wonder/public_html/templates_c/%%B1^B16^B16AEDA8%%theme.html.php) [function.fetch]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1248
Warning [PHP]: fetch() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/wonder/public_html/templates_c/%%B1^B16^B16AEDA8%%theme.html.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1248

If I am reading this correctly it is looking for the stuff that was in the cache.

I don't know where this is coming from. I have emptied my browser cache, plus all of the files on the server and used a new database. Anyone know how to solve this?

TIA,
Tim

aph3x
Re: Installation or upgrade problem - 2.0 to 2.2
  • 2007/2/24 0:51

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

First ... i wouldn't have done that if i were you...one because you mentioned 2.1.6 had no trouble with it...second cause 2.2.5 is an RC thus shouldn't be used other than testing (unless you really know what you are doing)

Second...see if proper permissions are set as required.

Advice: Get back to 2.1.6
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

rabideau
Re: Installation or upgrade problem - 2.0 to 2.2
  • 2007/2/24 1:24

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Bad plan going from the recommended version of XOOPS 2.0.16 to the version that is not recommended.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits