1
Anonymous
Moving servers - easy or difficult
  • 2007/2/23 11:59

  • Anonymous

  • Posts: 0

  • Since: 0


Hi all,

I'm considering moving my XOOPS website to a different server and am wondering how hard this is?

Would I be right in thinking that all I have to do is:

1. Back-up the files from old server
2. Back up the database (I'll do this s few times just to be safe!)
3. Upload the files to the new server
4. Upload the backed-up database to the new server
5. Set the physical paths for the xoops_root_path, xoops_trust_path (I'm using Protector 3)and the xoops_url path in mainfile.php
6. Make sure the database name is correct in mainfile.php

Is that it or have i made it too simple?

All advice gratefully received.

2
Anonymous
Re: Moving servers - easy or difficult
  • 2007/2/23 12:16

  • Anonymous

  • Posts: 0

  • Since: 0


PS: Yes, I have read the FAQs

Just want to know if it really is as easy as it sounds