UpTheCreek
Admin pages not taking**FIXED FOR NOW***
  • 2007/2/22 23:55

• UpTheCreek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/22

Hi, my first post here!

I downloaded and installed the latest version of XOOPS, version 2.0.16 at the beginning of the week. I first had the "referrer" problem and disabled that option in the security file. That fixed that problem.

Everything was working fine, I installed PiCal, MyAlbum-p, content and Wiwi....in that order.

As near as I can tell, all the modules are functioning properly but I am unable to make any changes. In the General Preferances I can't submit any changes...they always remain the same.

I first checked all my permissions. I then went and repaired my database, but that was fine. I then found out how to turn on debugging via the database. Nothing glaring comes up there except a bunch of these...which through my reading and searching, are minor:

"Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 136"

I have done a bit of work to the site and really don't want to start over but will if I have to. But again, the modules and the user interface in the portal seem to function without a hitch, but it's making any changes in any of the system or mod's admin section that it's not working. It usually says "database updated successfully" but it doesn't make the change.

I have read the docs, the faq's and I only post here as a last resort. Any advice on what to look for now? Any and all help is appreciated!

On Edit: I went to the database to turn my site back on since I couldn't do it from the general preferences admin page. I also turned OFF the Check templates for updates thingy. Lo and behold, it all seems to function once again!!!???!!!

JMorris
Re: Admin pages not taking**FIXED FOR NOW***
  • 2007/2/23 3:02

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

First, welcome to the XOOPS Forums!

This is a new one on me. Could you please explain in a little more detail what you mean by "the "referrer" problem". This might lead us to some clues as to why you cannot change your admin settings.

Thanks!

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

503 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 503

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits